BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Working with older versions of AC

Dane Richardson
Participant
I have several archived projects that were initially created in AC 10. Opened and worked on in AC 15 and saved as AC 15 files.
I now need to open the same projects and complete renovation & extension work.
Do I open in AC 17 ?
More generally what is the best process / most widely adopted, to open and work on old AC files.
Thank you.
dane richardson
www.danedesignaustralia.com.au
AC 17 australia + windows 7 professional + intel core i7-2600 cpu @ 3.4ghz 3.70ghz + 12 gb ram + 64-bit operating system + nvidia quadro fx 1700
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dane:

Working with the files in 17 will require a migration process to handle the new attribute Building Materials. I think the answer depends on the work to be done: if simple edits, then may be best to keep the projects in the older version, or just bring them into 16. If more substantial work is to be done that will take advantage of the new features of the current (17) version, then the time spent on migration would be worth while. It is a similar issue with current projects: is it worth the time to bring them forward into the current version, or best left in their original version.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Dane Richardson
Participant
Thank you David.
This is helpful, also added a signature.
Dane
dane richardson
www.danedesignaustralia.com.au
AC 17 australia + windows 7 professional + intel core i7-2600 cpu @ 3.4ghz 3.70ghz + 12 gb ram + 64-bit operating system + nvidia quadro fx 1700
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dane wrote:
also added a signature.
Thanks,

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!