Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Zone Occupancy Field

Marcus Trimble
Contributor
Hi,
I am using the Zone Tool and would like to show occupancy.
In the Occupancy field of the Zone Tool, the relevant option is: "No of Persons per sqm"

The data field will not let me enter decimal points or fractions.
So how can I work out the occupancy for a room type that has 3sqm per person? or 10sqm per person, as in a typical office.

As it stands, the only option is whole numbers, and it is only in rare cases that you might need to accomodate more than 1 person per sqm, so this tool is not very useful.
ArchiCAD 19 (6006)
OS X 10.11.4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is strange because in AC19 (US) it is "Area per Person in sq. ft". Perhaps it is a typo so it is meant to be "Area per Person in sq. m.". You would think the script is nearly identical except for the units.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marcus,
If you are using the AUS version Archicad 19, the zone tool 'Zone_Stamp_1 19' has the Occupancy field "Area per Person in sq. meter", and I can enter decimal values with no trouble at all. I use this for child care centre calcs.
Marcus Trimble
Contributor
Thanks Graeme -
Belated reply - but yes that worked.
My zones had defaulted to the V15 zone tool it seems... A carry over from an old project. The V19 Zone works well. Thanks
ArchiCAD 19 (6006)
OS X 10.11.4