Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone - Substract from zones and reduce wall area not working in AC25

artecon
Booster

Hi, I have issue with zones in Archicad 25.

Actually, when the wall's relation to the zones is set substract from zones or reduce zone area only, it doesn't exclude the area of the wall, the net zone area stays the same, after updating the zone. I checked in project preferences > zones > walls and columns substraction, and everything is fine there. 

The same file in Archicad 23, after updating zones, work fine, but when I open it in Archicad 25, and update zones again, it include the wall area, immediately (despite wall settings > substract from zones)

What do you think, how to fix that?

6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Are the Zones using the same Zone Stamp in the two versions? Different Zone Stamps may be scripted differently and so they may display different quantities about the Zone.

I would suggest that you select the Zone, go to its settings Dialog, and in the "Area Calculation" panel, check which value is the same as the value displayed in the Zone Stamp?

Is it the Measured Net Area? Reduced Area? Calculated Area? Check it in both versions.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
artecon
Booster

Hi Laszlo,

yes, I use the same Zone Stamp in both versions. Actually, we went from AC 23 to AC 25, just by saving pla file, and opening it in AC 25 version, everything stayed the same. When we again update all zones in AC 25, it actually doesn't recognize the wall relation to the zones, except if it is Zone boundary.

Here is the screenshot, the walls marked with red are set to be substracted form Zones, but, as you see, after update zone, nothing changed, net area reduced area etc. stayed the same.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

And you selected those partition walls, and set their "Relation to Zones" field to "Reduce Zone Area Only", then updated the Zone and they are still not subtracted from the Zone area? (In that case, the "Wall" field under "Area Subtraction" in your Zone Settings Dialog should show the area of Wall that was subtracted from the Zone area.

I just tried it and it works for me in Archicad 25 Update 2 (build 40xx).

I just noticed something (slightly related): AC25 Update 2 now uses Zone Labels instead of the Zone Stamp of previous versions. For some reason, the Zone Label is set up to display the "Measured Area" value instead of the "Calculated Area", which takes all those reductions into considerations. So I set the "Calculated Area" to be displayed by the Zone Label instead of the "Measured Area" and the area displayed changes when Walls are subtracted from the Zone Area.

artecon
Booster

''And you selected those partition walls, and set their "Relation to Zones" field to "Reduce Zone Area Only", then updated the Zone and they are still not subtracted from the Zone area?''

Yes, exactly. And it's not working.

''I just tried it and it works for me in Archicad 25 Update 2 (build 40xx).''

Yes, we are using the same version.

''I just noticed something (slightly related): AC25 Update 2 now uses Zone Labels instead of the Zone Stamp of previous versions. For some reason, the Zone Label is set up to display the "Measured Area" value instead of the "Calculated Area", which takes all those reductions into considerations. So I set the "Calculated Area" to be displayed by the Zone Label instead of the "Measured Area" and the area displayed changes when Walls are subtracted from the Zone Area.''

Yes, I know that. In some reason, I cant find some Zone Labels library, maybe I have to import it. But it wont solve the problem, because the values in schedules we made, still remain the same (with wrong values (not reduced ones)).

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Could you check the Renovation Status of the various Walls involved in this issue? Are they the same? Are they different?

Also, if you try to do this in a brand new file based on the default Archicad Template, do you still have this issue?

Im sorry for later reply.

Yes, renovation filter of those walls are the same. And there is no change weather the renovation status is changed (the inner walls that should be substracted from zone was set as To Be Demolished, for some reason, but when I change it to Existing Plan, and after updating the zone, zone stays the same (wall area wasnt substracted).  The zone only substract the area of the walls if the walls are set to be zone boundary. In every other case, (reduce zone, substract zone), the wall area wont be substracted from zone.

I try it in brand new Archicad template, and it happens again. Same.

Maybe I could try reinstalling the Archicad, but im sceptic about that.