BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I would like to know how to position text in archicad19 zone tool. Ive been searching it from its menu but theres no option there like the older archicad version. Thank you.

Best regards,
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can select the Zone, and 5 hotspots will appear at the 4 corners and the middle point of the Zone Stamp. If you drag any of them only the Zone Stamp will be moved instead of the whole Zone polygon.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Sir Nagy,

Am, I've tried it already but I'm still confused. What I mean is like autocad, if we use mtext command for paragragh text, we can compress the paragragh by simply dragging the grips closer. I'm looking for an option where we can justify the text position in the zone tool. There should be an option for that I guess. Thank you sir.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Depending on which version you are using there can be a few settings that influence how text is placed or justified within the Zone Stamp. For example, in AC19 there are some setting like this in the Appearance page of the Settings panel of the Zone Settings Dialog.
But generally they do not work like it works in AutoCAD.

Probably it would be possible to make the Zone Stamp text block width resizable, but that would require changing the script of the Zone Stamp in GDL.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Sir Nagy,

Thank you for that idea but to tell you I really don't know how to edit gdl scripts in archicad Nevertheless, Thank you sir for the time.

Best regards
Learn and get certified!