Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone colours

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to draw zones with the color of his own category, but it is impossible. Only thing I got is grey shadow that don't know where it comes from. Also is it possible to have same categories but distinguish in color between new and existing ( I imaging I need to use graphic overrides).

Another questions about zones, is there a possibility that automatically discard some doors to take like same zone different areas separated by doors?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think is something related to graphic overrides. Can I copy GO from one drawing to another?
Lingwisyer
Guru
You could put the relevant doors in separate sections of wall that are defined to not be zone boundaries?

I believe the zone colours are set, but you could rename the zones to used the current similar colours. Do not remember how to do that though...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
darwinland wrote:
Can I copy GO from one drawing to another?
You can EXPORT the GOs from one file and then IMPORT them into another.

If the actual GO combination exists already, it will duplicate with a "(1)" appended to the name.
However I have found that the rules will not update if they already exist.
This can be a problem if you are trying to update with amended rules.
If the rules used in the GO already exist, but the one you want to bring in has been amended, then you must delete the rules first before importing the GO.
The rules will re-create when the GO is imported.

If they are all new then all is fine.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you , finally I found the place in th GO where I had the problem. Also in existing areas you have to pay attention at which renovation filter you have selected, in some cases interfiere with the GO and the shadow in zones.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
You could put the relevant doors in separate sections of wall that are defined to not be zone boundaries?

I believe the zone colours are set, but you could rename the zones to used the current similar colours. Do not remember how to do that though...

Could you be more specific about the "separate sections"

Thanks

Ling.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Break your linear wall into say three parts with the central part containing your door and set to not interact with zones. Never needed to do this, but I would assume it would work.

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont know that was a option. Could work, lets give a try, I also try if you can assign that property only to the door without breaking the wall.
Lingwisyer
Guru
I do not believe that that option is available for doors. They just follow what ever the wall says.

Ling.