BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Zone number - automatic story level

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

In the Zone_Stamp_2 18,

is there a way to have the room number with automatic text (story) or/and a mix of custom text + automatic.
What i need is to have the room number like this:

Zone No./<Story>/<Staircase>

for example:

02/3/4

Why?
If there is a hotlink with apartments populated on several stories one above next, the automatic text with stories number will be the only way to differ zone numbers in that vertical segment of hotlinked rooms.
Do you have any other sugestions on workflow ?
2 REPLIES 2
I don't think you can do what you want to do without some additional scripting.

My workaround, if I understand your problem correctly is to use the 3D window in the file where the Zones live and edit more than one story at a time.

Automation? Not in this version, or the next.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
This can be achieved by mapping Zone Parameters to IFC Properties in ArchiCAD 18.

Step 1: Navigate to the File Menu>File Special>IFC Scheme Setup.

Step 2: Locate IFCSpace on the left hand panel, click upon the New Property/Classification button. Specify a Property Set Name followed by the Property Name. Click OK.

Step 3: Highlight the IFC Property and click upon the New Rule button, followed by Add Parameters. Add in the parameters required, in this scenario the parameters that'll be added are:

Zone Name
Home Story
Custom Text (Located in Add Object Parameters)

Click OK.

Step 4: Select the Zones and open up the Zone Selection Settings, in the settings tab navigate to the Additional Tags option, pop a check into the box "Show additional tags" then choose the newly created IFC Property from the drop down menus.

You can find screenshots of the steps upon the Google Drive link below.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5u7LjNmJqn2fks2VmFYc3pIZjZaTEdDQWM0M2YyR2ZSa3NCUk5vMUU5Z3BW...

Because we've created the IFC property at IFCSpace level this newly created rule will then be used for all IFCSpaces on every story!

Hope this helps.
Learn and get certified!