BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Zone or Room Label - object

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a limited beginner at GDL but I am trying to make a part that would do the same thing as the LG Zone stamp for AC19 and wanted to know if it was even possible to do that with the ongoing GDL changes?

I was trying to use this code:
REQUEST ("Zone_relations", "", category, code, name, number)

but the GDL changes guide states the following:

Requests deprecated in the parameter script
-In v19, they will result in a warning if used in the parameter script.
-In v20, if these are still used in the parameter script, their result will always be 0 (or an empty string).
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
As far as I can see by looking at the list this 'zone_relations' request is not affected.

http://gdl.graphisoft.com/gdl-docs/changes-in-ac19/

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry for the confirmation. I Will try to make it work with the resources I have. Cheers.
Barry wrote:
As far as I can see by looking at the list this 'zone_relations' request is not affected.

http://gdl.graphisoft.com/gdl-docs/changes-in-ac19/

Barry.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So I am testing/creating this object and the only script I have so far is the following:

z_name=""

rrr= REQUEST ("Zone_relations", "", z_category_name, z_code, z_name, z_number)

TEXT2 0,0, z_name

I was able to get the Zone name to display on the view of my model but when I place the view on the layout my object disappears when updating.

What should I be doing to make it display the same way on the layout?

Thanks in advance
Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 11.33.09 AM.jpg
Barry Kelly
Check that the view you placed as a drawing on your layout has the same layer combination, Model View Option and Renovation Filters as your floor plan.
The easiest way is to select the drawing in the layout, right mouse click and choose 'Open Source View'.
It should open with exactly the same settings as the what you see in the layout - i.e. the zone names should be missing.
That means you need to make changes to the layer combination, MVO or Reno filter and update the view settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the MVO, renovation status, dimensions, layers and pens are all the same.

The object shows up partially on the first update and when I update the view one more time they disapear.
Barry wrote:
Check that the view you placed as a drawing on your layout has the same layer combination, Model View Option and Renovation Filters as your floor plan.
The easiest way is to select the drawing in the layout, right mouse click and choose 'Open Source View'.
It should open with exactly the same settings as the what you see in the layout - i.e. the zone names should be missing.
That means you need to make changes to the layer combination, MVO or Reno filter and update the view settings.

Barry.
Learn and get certified!