BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone stamp - ceiling height

brittsax
Booster

Hi is there a way to use the same zone stamp but show different information of the stamp on different plans? For example on the floor plan I am showing floor area and occupants but on the reflected ceiling plan I only want to show the ceiling height. Thanks 

AC25 USA • iMac 27" 4.2GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 gb ram • OS Catalina 10.15.7
11 REPLIES 11

There is a Zone Stamp which Applecore Designs used to sell but they no longer exist. You can apply labels to Zones in AC25 and update 2 and later but these have to be controlled by layers. There is an open wish for these to be controlled by MVO’s in the same was as the Global Zone Stamp. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Botonis
Advisor

You have to check

https://www.indigofigs.com/zone-stamp/

Forget about anything else. This is the most flexible zone stamp with MVO available. There is a free version available I think. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Barry Kelly

Use labels instead of zone stamps.

You can have as many labels as you like associated to the same zone.

They can all show different information, be in different locations and in different layers so you can see the exact information you want in any view.

You can use the zone label or I just use the auto text label.

Or you can script your own.

Labels can also be used in section where stamps can’t.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Palawat
Advocate

Thank you @Botonis for mentioning Indigo Figs Zone Stamp.

As Barry said, zone label is definitly the way to go.

FYI, a zone label is also included with Indigo Figs Zone Stamp. There is no free verion for AC25 though. But there's a demo version if you want to test it.

Archicad 26, Windows 10, Corei7 3.4 GHz, 16 GB Ram.
https://www.indigofigs.com
https://www.facebook.com/indigofigs

The game changer here is the MVO!

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

I really do think Graphisoft need to add an option for MVO controlled labels/ zone stamps. We use the Applecore one on every single project and it is great to be able to control it by MVO. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The problem is how you create an MVO setting to consider all the various scenarios where the content of the Zone Stamp should be different, and also script the Zone Stamp in a way to respond to these MVO settings changes.

Using Zone Labels for these purposes is a much cleaner and more versatile solution, in my opinion.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

The MVO controlled Zone Stamp is already available and works brilliantly. The only limitation is if you want certain Zones to display different information such as an existing zone with no work on a renovation project to be different to new zones. We work around this though and I can see how labels for Zones would work better in that situation. They definitely both have their place. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Hi.I am referring to the Infigo Figs  for which the MVO includes settings for changing what the zone stamp/label shows in different views. Not just the on/off function of Archicad which is obsolete compared to Indigo. 

Botonis Botonakis
Learn and get certified!