BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zones displaying different content

fuzzytnth3
Booster
I have some Modules that are Published from a Teamshare. They are then placed in another Teamshare but they display differently in that Teamshare despite in the source Teamshare setting my Zones to only show the following....
  • Zone Name
    Zone Number
    Calculated area
What I see in the receiving Teamshare is
  • Zone Name
    Zone Number
    Calculated area
    Floor Type
    Height
I seem to remember in previous versions of ArchiCAD there was a way of setting the Defaults for the Zones but I can't find it in ArchiCAD 22
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
4 REPLIES 4
Hello,

Working with module means having exactly the same attributes into all of your files
You have to check it by this way : Options / Element Attributes / Attribute Manager

Is there any difference between your files about Zone ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Lingwisyer
Guru
That would be implying that Floor Type and Height are default attributes that are missing in the module and hence could not be removed in the settings, turning up when placed in a file where they are available? Did not think that Zone content fields were defined by the files attributes...

Is the module made in the same version of AC as the host? Might the Zone Stamp object be migrating versions and hence changing slightly?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Christophe wrote:
Hello,

Working with module means having exactly the same attributes into all of your files
You have to check it by this way : Options / Element Attributes / Attribute Manager

Is there any difference between your files about Zone ?
Height and Floor Type are part of the Zone Object I have the same Libraries loaded in both Teamshares and in the first TS I had it displaying correctly but as I said it wasn't working in the receiving file.

Weirdly after some experimentation I changed the Zone Object via the Options/Element Attributes/Zone Categories to a different Zone Object that the receiving file was using to the sending TS and I now have it displaying what I want but it is a laborious process to change the Zone Objects as we have a lot of Zone Categories
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I've had some problems with zones displaying things incorrectly in the past and the fix that ended up working was swapping all the stamps to a different stamp in the 'Zone Categories...' menu and then swapping them back. Very tedious, but that fixed everything.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!