Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.
SOLVED!

absorbency analysis and shading analysis

Karol Argasinski
Enthusiast
Dear all ,

I have a question regarding absorbency analysis and shading analysis in ARCHICAD. I would like to make it more automatic and faster (and maybe have better results ). Today, our office is doing it by hand, which is tedious and long process. I would like to change that and make it more automat-ish. Do you have any suggestions regarding the topic?

Best,
Karol
OPENBIM does works!
ArchiCAD 22/23/24/25/26/27 INT &POL

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 128GB RAM, GeForce RTX 3070, Windows 11 Pro
MBP 14 M1 Max 10C 32GB
http://www.bimfaktoria.pl/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
The best, most precise and fastest way right now is to connect the model to grasshopper and use ladybug and some other gh plugin.
it's not easy but the result is good also with complex geometry buildings

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hello Karol,

To a shading analysis you have to georefence your model by the origin 0,0,0 at the beginning of you project (Option/Project preferences/Project location) then you have to add a level to the see about your Level 0. and finaly put your north at the right direction.

I use document 3D by a top view in black and white and without perspective to realize my shading analysis. But you can do it by a 3D view too.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
The best, most precise and fastest way right now is to connect the model to grasshopper and use ladybug and some other gh plugin.
Karol Argasinski
Enthusiast
Gianluca wrote:
That's what I thought. I was hoping that there is another, quicker possibility

Thanks
OPENBIM does works!
ArchiCAD 22/23/24/25/26/27 INT &POL

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 128GB RAM, GeForce RTX 3070, Windows 11 Pro
MBP 14 M1 Max 10C 32GB
http://www.bimfaktoria.pl/