BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ac19 - tabs - multiple floors opened simultaneously

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there a way of opening MORE than 1 tab with floor levels,
ie:
having GF, FF, SF open in their own tabs simultaneously ?

is there something i'm missing ?
5 REPLIES 5
Nuge
Advocate
Sorry but its not possible, only 1 "floor plan" window can be open at a time, a major blunder not implementing this feature in my opinion and makes a mockery of the advertised speed improvements in our workflows. I was really looking forward to this feature only to be totally disappointed once i installed AC19. Bugger!!!

Nuge
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
Dontknow
Enthusiast
Strange that you can't open multiple tabs on stories.
You can open multiple tabs on sections and elevations.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ARCHICAD has always been able to have only one Floor Plan Window and one 3D Window open at any one time.
(This is fundamentally different from other Viewpoint types like Sections, Elevations, etc. because each instance of those can be opened in its own Window.)
TABs do not change how the above works. They simply give you a better way of arranging your Viewpoints, plus the Predictive Background Processing updates in the background only those Viewpoints that are on the TAB bar. You basically use the TAB bar to specify which Viewpoints you want to be constantly updated in the background.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Rob
Participant

I managed to get all tabs open simultaneously with a keyboard mis-command which I can't reproduce including (on a pc) control-shift-??.

Suggests it must be possible ...

Rob

You can have as many tabs as you want (you may start to have problems if you have dozens open at the same time) and you can even unlock them from the TAB bar and have them as free floating windows on one or more screens.

However you can only have one floor plan and one 3D window (tab) in a project.

That is just the way it is.

I guess you can create Worksheets of you plans or storeys and have these all open at the same time,

Or you could add a Trace & Reference of other plans in an other view so you could at least see the other plans at the same time.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!