BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

adding ladder framing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to figure out the best way to add ladder framing 24" o/c following the gable end roof line at 30 degrees. It would be nice if the multiply feature had a spread not only asking for the spacing but also as for an elevation number or degree. Since I do not see this as an option now what...

I tried to us the "look to perpendicular" of the roof plane but when I use the multiply command it is not going up the roof. I think I need to change the z access (I think) but I do not see how I can do that.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
camp20 wrote:
It would be nice if the multiply feature had a spread not only asking for the spacing but also as for an elevation number or degree.
It does - it's called "Vertical Displacement".
The "Spread" will set the disatance appart and the "Vertical Displacement" will set the hight eac instance rises (or falls if negative value).

In 3D there is just a vertical displacement "on/off" button.
The trick with this is to drag your spread horizontally first (not up the roof slope) and then drag the vertical displacement.
This must be done in perspective or axonometric view.
It can't be done will looking perpendicular to the element.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
That worked, I did try one time without success but I tried again and it did work. I just needed to figure out what the horizontal span would be if the ladder framing was 2' o/c going up along the roof.

Thanks for the help.
Learn and get certified!