Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alignment for standing seam metal roof accessory

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to adjust the seam locations to line up on my split pitch roof? I want the seam from the upper section of roof to continue in line down along the lower roof section

Screen shot 2010-12-02 at 11.09.37 AM.png
21 REPLIES 21

Steve Jepson
Advisor
I know. I have used the Cadimage Coverings Tool and the Roof Accessories Tool.
The Coverings Tool is really great and fun to use. However, I am not so sure I want to pay the $30/month to rent it. It is not as though there is no other way to put a metal roof on the building. Complex profile beams and such can make any roof covering you need and all the trim and flashing's too.
I find that in the end there is too much customization to do the job completely with the automated tools. Kind of like the Stair Tool which is never quite right.
It depends I suppose on the level of detail and schedules you need.

ArchiCAD 25 4013 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro

Dave Jochum
Booster
Steve wrote:
I know. I have used the Cadimage Coverings Tool and the Roof Accessories Tool.
The Coverings Tool is really great and fun to use. However, I am not so sure I want to pay the $30/month to rent it. It is not as though there is no other way to put a metal roof on the building. Complex profile beams and such can make any roof covering you need and all the trim and flashing's too.
I find that in the end there is too much customization to do the job completely with the automated tools. Kind of like the Stair Tool which is never quite right.
It depends I suppose on the level of detail and schedules you need.
I also don't like the idea of spending an additional $360/yr. for what I deem to be pretty basic tools. I've bought a number of them over the years when AC had more limited functionality--mainly Cigraph. I've not used Cadimage, but they look fairly robust. If the upcoming release of 19 doesn't address some of my primary issues, including this one, I may bite the bullet.
Dave Jochum

J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com

MBP 15" (2017)+27" 4K•16GB•OS 11.6•AC 24,25 (latest build)

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!