BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

angled z axis window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I want to put an angled window in Z axis like the one in the image. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Darsus, Will you give us a little more details. Is the wall where the windows is angled in Z?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, yes the window must be in a wall. I want something like I have put in the new image, so the window doesn't have the same angle than the wall.
Sin título-1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
please, anyone know the solution. I need it for my job. Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm not sure if a regular window can do that, but you can do it with a custom window. If you don't know how to make a custom window, type custom Windows in the knowledge Center, and you'll find explanations how to do it
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Darsus:

One solution is to use Solid Element Operations (SEO). Create a Slab that will cut the desired hole in the Wall, use SEO to make the cut (Subtraction), then place that Slab on a hidden layer. Then place a small Wall inside the cut hole to host a Window. The SEO will not show in 2D, so Lines and Fills will have to be added to the Plan.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
You can always try a polygonal wall.
Place and empty opening or window and then you can rotate it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!