BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

archicad 23 what is happening

Anonymous
Not applicable
We paid in april and we don't have any news for the 23 version. Are we getting a credit for 2020
38 REPLIES 38
The release was delayed until September, I believe.
I'm surprised that people like you (who I assume is on subscription) weren't informed.

(which once again highlights the problem with Graphisoft messaging and informing their own subscription customers)

I'm not sure if you'll get a credit or anything for the lost couple of months (or what it would entail).

Personally I don't think you're losing that much in not getting this particular version any sooner given the features updated.
It's one of the more weaker releases in recent years from a productivity and bread-and-butter perspective (certainly since Version 20 that only had cosmetic changes). If you are a larger firm you might love it, but for the rest of us.....not so much.

But that's just my opinion.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We didn't know about september. Most of the time went you do a presentation for software the next week the product is available. Your right about this version it doesn't comply with architect practice, it doesn't matter if you do small or big project.

We do struggle with many problems. Worksheet should have the option to keeping the 3d informations so went we have to enlarge a plan with a reference on the plan it is in real time modification.

The distance between architect in real practice and a software programmer is dam far.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I'm generally quite happy to work in ArchiCAD, but decided long ago to not adapt to the new releases in terms of using them for projects until they've been out for a good few months. Too many bugs in the past that made it through in release.

The Dutch version generally lags behind a bit on the International and bigger local releases, so not sure when we'll be using it.

We are on the subscription too, but it comes with a lot of extra features courtesy of our reseller and free support, so worth it.

That said, the feature set looks underwhelming and some of my most used 'favourite' versions have had very few big things going for them (AC11, AC15, AC20 to name my top 3), so in a weird way I'm excited for this one.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Jeff Kogut
Booster
mhoude wrote:

The distance between architect in real practice and a software programmer is dam far.
A week doesn't go by where I mutter to myself 'Does Graphisoft even use their own software!?!'

I wish they would put 100% toward fixing/refining instead of adding more stuff. I'm thinking overhauling schedules, windows/doors, expanded library of pretty much everything we would ever need, and awesome textures with optimized settings for renderings. Why is every user/CAD Manager fiddling with these things?

I wish Graphisoft was sending out an annual questionnaire to all users asking about their experience, what slows down building a model and what slows down getting CD's done? Basically be a GREAT program instead of competing with the other guys.

I'd be happy with the next 2-3 releases only having the above done before adding anything more.
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Lingwisyer
Guru
Jeff wrote:
awesome textures with optimized settings for renderings

I would guess that this does not happen as AC is a BIM package rather than a Visualisation package. Even so, if you compare it to the included surface library in VRay for Max, it is half decent straight out of the box. Many of textures I used in VRay were paid for... They were easy to assemble though, compared to ACs terrible editor...

Regarding the delay till September, is something happening this coming month as my dongle apparently just updated to 23.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The built-in Surface catalogue in AC23 has been upgraded for both OpenGL and CineRender.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
mhoude wrote:
We paid in april and we don't have any news for the 23 version. Are we getting a credit for 2020
Dear Mhoude,

Thanks for raising this. Please allow us to inform you that to honour our customers loyalty, anyone who purchased an ARCHIPLUS or renewed one after the release date of ARCHICAD 22 will be eligible for a free upgrade to ARCHICAD 23 regardless if that ARCHIPLUS will have been expired by the time of the release of ARCHICAD 23. We hope you will enjoy the brand new capabilities coming with v23.
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your text doesn't make sense. We did paid in april 2019 for 23 we are not getting it for free. By the way archicad 24 should be free for loyalty.
mhoude wrote:
Your text doesn't make sense. We did paid in april 2019 for 23 we are not getting it for free. By the way archicad 24 should be free for loyalty.
He means that people who had ArchiPLUS with ArchiCAD 22 will get v23 when it's released, even if their ArchiPLUS has expired. You obviously are still within the 12-month activation so it doesn't affect you in the sense that you'd miss out without this new policy. They're doing this because it is usually released on an annual basis and many subscribers went an entire 12-month period without an update.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Learn and get certified!