BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

archicad 23 what is happening

Anonymous
Not applicable
We paid in april and we don't have any news for the 23 version. Are we getting a credit for 2020
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable
We paid the subscription for archiplus just before the announcement for the new release and the graphisoft contract was in that way too and that since 10 years. We don't paid for bugs extension correction. Your company decide to retard the new release so make it right.

Anonymous
Not applicable
so I was told October today
Anonymous
Not applicable
October wow,

Good job, they press us to paid our subscription before the end of april before the new announcement in may of the new version.

So we paid 7 months before we can work with 23.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Disappointing that they had the big announcement so long before the release date and extra disappointing that the release date is now going to be delayed. Good way to crush your customers expectations.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Agree... this is bad enough... What's really going to be tough to swallow is next April..

I ALWAYS knew there would be some point at which we'd make 2 payments and get 1 upgrade...
Starting to sound more like INSURANCE than software.

….
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
And what's worse is this morning, it showed (randomly) that my KEY was upgraded to 23 (but no actual upgrade available)…
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Karl Ottenstein
vfrontiers wrote:
And what's worse is this morning, it showed (randomly) that my KEY was upgraded to 23 (but no actual upgrade available)…
Glass half empty / half full - Just ran License Manager and see that you're right... just upgraded my Codemeter key. Feels like progress (glass not even half full.. just a puddle at the bottom) even though nobody is telling us officially what's going on. The most recent release Press Release from Graphisoft is dated July 18 (with May 14 being the most recent one related to AC 23):
https://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/2019.html

This long, silent period seems unprecedented to me... but my memory isn't what it used to be. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers wrote:
Agree... this is bad enough... What's really going to be tough to swallow is next April..

I ALWAYS knew there would be some point at which we'd make 2 payments and get 1 upgrade...

….

October!

Wow.
This would be laughable and funny if it weren't so sad.
And I'm not even upgrading to this version.

And if you subscription folks think you're mad now, just wait until it's released and you find out that you still have to go through another 5,6,7 or 8 hotfixes before it's even fully usable and stable enough to carry over most of your projects to.
Which should probably place you at around a month or two away from the Version 24 release announcement (and probably another 6 months for the actual release after the announcement if they keep the current model).

(*Warning! :Rant incoming.
Look away now, if you're of sensitive disposition.
You've been warned)

What is the point of the Beta testing period and the whole beta testing process if they're still going to delay and postpone the release anyway by up to 4 months, just to fix the problems that were not caught by the beta testing (I'm assuming)?
And then to top it all off is the radio silence from Graphisoft (their standard Modus Operandi for everything) and leaving customers to have to rely on resellers or forums like this to get any information (if any at all, even).

And like I said, I'm not even upgrading to this version since there really wasn't anything in the upcoming features that I feel were aimed to a small user like myself (and haven't really been since Version 21 which is the main version I'm still on right now). So I can only imagine how maddening this must be for subscription folks who, knowing that even when they do eventually get their hands on it, unless they're big firms, there's not a whole lot in the upgrade that will justify all of this.

It's all just worrying signs as to what lies ahead in the future of this once great software.
I was actually remarking to a colleague about how ArchiCAD used to be the pioneering software and front-runner among its rival.
The marketing tagline of one of their versions not that long ago was, "ArchiCAD : The only BIM software on the market that is fully multi-core aware and take full advantage of multi-core CPU's"

Now, in 2019, they're literally the only BIM software on the market that's incapable of making use of a multi-monitor work environment and to leverage today's powerful graphics cards and GPU's to do so.

How far the mighty have fallen.

I was not sure what to expect in next year's version 24 (which is the one I was planning on upgrading to).
Now I'm fully dreading it.
Professor Pickle
Advocate
Just chime in a little here. It appears that there are two separate issues here:

Firstly, complex software is complex. It's hard to evolve, maintain, upgrade. Especially so for a system that has endured for as long as ArchiCAD. There is a tonne of software architecture baggage under the hood that can't just be ripped out and replaced. Software development just doesn't work like that. Otherwise we'd have GS rewrite AC every year. Clearly that would not work at all.

Secondly, and more importantly, GS have screwed up managing their customers expectations. They have failed to promise less and deliver more. That is all on management and they need to figure out a way out of this.
Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

Barry Kelly
vfrontiers wrote:

How do you figure that?
I assume you pay an annual subscription that includes support, licence insurance and all updates and upgrades within that year.
Just as I do - in January.
If you feel you are being hard done by, why not cancel the subscription and then just pay for the upgrades as they happen (if you feel they are worth it)?

Every year there is a new version.
Since it changed to the yearly version upgrades, I can not recall that it has ever been missed.
Yes, this year is a little latter than most, but it is still going to happen.

Whether the upgrade is worth it or not I guess that is a matter of personal choice.
Some years I choose not to adopt the latest version - that is my choice - but I still pay the annual subscription.

Should a version actually not be released one year, then we would all have something to complain about.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!