Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

composite joinery yet again

I need someone to tell me I'm an idiot... please... I have gone thru everything I can think of and can't get two walls to join... They are both composites... the thicker one a DUPLICATE of the thinner and the CORE widened. Why can't these clean up? E...

Marked objects

Hello, I'm new here, I started using Archicad 16 a while ago, so I'm bad in using... I don't know what happened, but every object on my plan got this blue color over it, like a mark and I don't know how to remove this Please, help

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Morph colour different in elevation.

I have some little simple morphs that show correctly in a red colour in 3D and WERE showing correctly in elevation. When I opened the file again though they are showing in a different color in elevation (still okay in 3D) and do not update if I try c...

Arcadia by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Morph Railing guideline

Hi, For the life of me, I can not duplicate the steps in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5yOnSWksdw I have the same setup, with a 3d polyline floating above the railing. I try to extrude the morphed railing but I can not get it to follow ...

Jere by Expert
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Zones Auto Display of Square Feet

I have not been able to get the Zone tool to display the Square Feet and I had to enter it manually as one of the two options for Zone Name. I think these two options are one for name and the other for number of Zone. In a previous version other than...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

can I stop beams and walls from auto connecting?

There have been many times when I wan't to turn off the function where beams automatically lengthen in order to meet up with one another. Can I turn this off somehow? Same thing happens with walls sometimes.

Gus by Newcomer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Renovation tool and archicad defaults

I've discovered an annoying feature in the renovation tool. The CTR-Alt used to copy lines and properties does not apply to the Renovation tool. For example, I've got some lines selected as 'New' and I want others to match. CTR-Alt won't convert line...

KeesW by Advocate
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Layouts - how to 'fit in window' in drawing selection frame

I am working on layouts, and have placed views on my presentation sheets. If I change settings, the view often moves outside the viewable area of the drawing. So far the only way I have been able to get it back has been to find it using the layout as...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems Viewing Plans in 2D mode

Hi, I'm currently drawing a building on Archicad and had almost completed it when I pressed something on my keyboard which caused the view of the plans to change. Instead of viewing the normal wall thicknesses, door openings, furniture etc against a ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes