Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Survey follow-up – Door/Window Detail Level

Dear Community, Many of you took part in our recent survey on “Detail Levels of doors and windows on a single drawing”: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Doors-amp-Windows-Detail-Levels-within-a-single-drawing-1-minute/m-p/...

Wall Materials

I would like to know if it is possible to rotate the materials on walls. I would like to indicate vertical siding not horizontal which are the only choices I have, suggestions please, thank you?

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to purge library parts?

Is there a way to purge library parts? I am bringing back to life this old big file from 2005 with a lot of different PLA files & library parts connected to it. By what I could see there are embedded libraries 9 & 10, and now it will have Library 13 ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Closing file...

Hi there, I just installed AC 14 (build 3004 Fra Full) on my iMac 27 early 2010 under 10.6.4 and there's no option to close a file in the file menu, only new and open. And the usual mac shortcut command-W doesn't work either. The only way to close a ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

layer control.

ok I have been with Archicad since 6.5 version. Now what make layers turn off when you switch from 2d to 3d and from 3d to 2d. Never had that happen before on other versions.

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solid Element Operations

I am creating a gothic arched barn and have developed complex elements for both the roof and the walls. Therefore the roof is really a complex wall. I have used the solid element operations to cut off the top of the walls to conform to the underside ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Intersect eave & rake?

I want my CP eave & rake to intersect each other and match up. First picture is them placed. Second picture shows what happens when I try the intersect. Do they need to be the same materials? (i.e.: fascia boards made of same fill)?

eave_rake.jpg
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Default Fill Background Pen, what a problem!

By default all AC objects, doors and windows have Fill Background Pen set to 19, which is color white using most of default Pen Sets. But what happens if I use a different background color or a different Pen Set?? I will have to manually change and s...

Need to clean up fills....

You might see a lot of posts by me as I try to go 3D and have lots of questions... I apologize. I have a GWB ceiling (done with a composite) and a 2x4 wall with GWB on both sides. I want the GWB ceiling to automatically heal itself around the wall, w...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How To: Make Chimney?

I'm putting in a masonry/block chimney that extends from the basement level through the first floor up through the roof. I'm using the slab tool. The home story is set to the first floor. For some reason, even though the settings are set to have cut ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes