Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Roof plan graphics

I am having a little difficulty with my roofs. I am relatively new to ArchiCAD but am very confident in my modeling skills. My understanding is that if two entities that are adjacent, coplanar, and have the same properties they are to show as one ent...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom materials not showing on custom library object..

I have made a library object using my own materials. I have also been sent a file to work with which I have to transport the object in to. When I open the file, I load my library where the object and all my materials are located but they aren't showi...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Door with Reveal doesn't turn plaster in 3D

I've got this sliding door (D2 Pocket 12) and I've set it up to use the 2nd option in the Reveal / Wall Closure settings pane. In plan view, all is well. In 3D, though, the reference side's plaster strata doesn't turn into the door opening. Any tips?...

3D_wall_no_plaster_turned.png
alexliz by Newcomer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

CURVED PANNEL CURTAIN WALLS

Hi All, (1)I have been trying to archive culvature in the curtain wall panels as opposed to faceted, but to no success. Anyone with a solution please? (2) Curtain walls seem to slow down the computer while working in floorplan mode almost as bad as a...

FACETED PANELS.JPG
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

The UI

We all have opinions on what tools are lacking in ArchiCAD - rendering/ nurbs/ relationships etc etc. The UI is also very clunky but we still have not seen much of an update on that either...think the materials palette for one. Surely we could have s...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wall / Window Finish Returns

I am needing to have my wall finish return around windows and doors so that I can dimension correctly. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Everything turns to black

ArchiCAD 11 MacOS X (10.5.6) Sometimes, for no apparent reason, I'll be working away on a drawing that uses lines and fills of different colors (white background), and suddenly all my lines and fills change to black. I can get it to go back to the wa...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Composite structure wall, how to snap to its skin edges?

I don't mean, snap to the skin end-points; I mean, e.g. draw a new line which has to start or finish exactly _on_ an intermediate skin line. I know that I can snap to the skin lines at their end-points. But here's the deal: I have composite-structure...

alexliz by Newcomer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hotfix for ArchiCAD 11 and 12

Dear Talkers, We have released new Hotfixes for both ArchiCAD 12 and 11 today. The automatic program update in ArchiCAD will notify you about the availability of this update, or you can always use the “Check for Updates” command in ArchiCAD’s Help me...

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels