Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

"Write Permissions Error"

What does this mean? It comes up when I try to save the PLN I'm working on. Wondering if I'm going to loose the last hour of work Anyone? EDIT: Never mind. I had changed the name of the folder in which the file was located. Did a "save as" and all is...

Picture 23.png

curved buildings again

heey, i'am a new user to the archicad, and i'am designing a building with lots of curved buildings, i managed to create the curved walls of the buildings but i don't know how to create such a curved roof !!! i read that i can download a profiler,i do...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Controling slab display

Hello! I was wondering how can someone control slab display when you choose the slab to visible on other stories. The slab is automaticly set to "hidden line" on all other stories. I would want the slab to be on hidden line on the story below current...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Complex Ramps

Is there a way to make complex ramps? Someone was showing me on Revit how easy it was and when I tried to do the same thing on archiCad 12 I had no luck. Am I missing something or what? Please help. I have attached a file this post to show the type o...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Section Cut Staggered

I need to have full control of the section cut staggered. Is there a way to turn off the perpendicular function? You should be able to have full control over the way you continuously cut through your building... I think

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

SLAB EDITING

how can i subtract an part from a slab that has an arc in its perimeter? when i right click in the perimeter and try to subtract from it there is no option to define other than rectangular parts to be subtracted? Also how someone can convert a polyli...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adjust Nudge Increments?

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the distance the Nudge command uses? I am trying to use it in the Sheet environment and the smaller nudge still move things like an inch at a time.

Why does model become invisible as I approach it in 3D view?

New user getting a bit frustrated! Im not sure if I have accidentally changed a setting without realising?but... When I view the model in 3D, from a distance the building is fine. But as I zoom in parts of the building begin to cut away and become in...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Text to a 3D object

I haven't been working on Archicad for long, and was wondering if there was an easy way to turn text into a 3D object? I started using a mesh, and just outlined the text, but that seems to be real time consuming. Thanks for your help.

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes