Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Fills

Hi, can anybody help. I'm trying to use the fill tool to hatch between enclosed lines. I'm fairly new to AC and more used to Autocad where I would have used the advanced hatch tool and detect islands or something similar. All I want to do is to indic...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Opening in wall mising 2 lines

Hello! Ive inserted an empty opening into the wall by if you look at the picture you can see that the 2 lines at the sieds off the wall are missing. Can they be somehow visible. Also is it possible that my wall opening size is +2 cm biger then my win...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Section line symbol

I wonder if there's any way to show building section symbol only in some stories, but not others. Right now it's either show in home story or all stories. If I want to show in all floor plans but not in site plan......

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IES

Has anyone used IES with a model out of AC? If so, what is the best way to get the model into IES, GBXML? What are the best ways to create a GBXML out of AC? Should I be using Encina? Thanks.

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Redundant Lines in GDL

Hi, Can someone help me about how to remove the reduntant lines in the GDL object. Please see attached image. Thanks in Advance. -srinivas.

Redundant Lines.PNG

release 11...learn now - re-learn later?

my first post... I am planning to purchase ArchiCAD later this year. In the meantime, a friend has a release 11 that I can play around with and start becoming familiar with the program. Is this a good idea? Will I have to re-learn everything when I p...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto Save Crashing AC on start up

So my office lost power today and of course I had been working for about two hours or so before this happened. No, did not save... Yes I should have. No problems though autosave should have me covered. When we finally get the power back, I go to open...

Wertical section through window

As you see on the attached vertical section through the head of the window it doesn't show the plasterboard returning and abutting the window frame.I can control it on plan with the plaster return settings , but not sure how to resolve this.

window.jpg
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How to say in English?

Hi guys, I would like to know two architectural exressions in English. A friend of mine is putting together a resume about his works and we don't know how to say these in English. 1. The first one is when you have an attic under a roof which so far h...