Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Cigraph with AC12 Student version

I've been using AC as a student for about two years, and when I upgraded to AC12 my Cigraph plug-ins (notably ArchiStair) stopped working because the update had not been released. Now apparently it has been released, but when I go to: https://eduregi...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

GUI settings = Master Layout and Sheet Colors!

Does anyone know where/how to set the background colors for... 1) Master Layout WINDOW background colors (not the sheets themselves, yet). Mine is currently grey and I want to change it. 2) Sheet colors (the "paper" color for the sheets above). I sus...

• 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Label Settings...

Does anyone know why sometimes the Label Settings... button is active within some element's dialogs, and not in others? In the attached screen shot, both Objects reference the same part, and the tool settings dialog opened in the same (Story) Viewpoi...

Do you think it is fair to charge for ArchiCAD addons

I just want to know how other users feel about charging for additional content for ArchiCAD. I recently looked up ArchiGlazing as a solution for creating custom windows. It cost $209 US per copy. I know that is not a lot for most firms, but it can be...

• 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Cabinet oddities

I have found a bit of an irregularity between the parameters of the cabinet object and what is displayed in the object. The parameters indicate a 2 foot deep cabinet with a 1" overhang. The dimensions on the plan indicate something a bit different. D...

solid element operator

Simple question - created a wall, cut the wall with a solid object to create an opening - I do not understand why the wall does not read in plan (to show the opening).....I've set the wall to "cut only" and checked my floor plan cut plane...but still...

• 7 replies
  • 0 likes

SEO and complex roofs

I am fairly new with Archicad and as it so often happens I come with some knowledge of other 3D programs (Architectural Desktop and Revit). For my second project using Archicad I have been modeling a barn-looking roof for a building reno. Initially I...

PreSEOnPostSEO.JPG
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Working with Libraries

I am just starting to use Archicad v11 at college and also v12 at home. Is it possible to load both libraries? as there seem to be things I am losing in the files when doing work at home. Missing Library info for doors and windows... Any help much ap...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Making new linetypes and making sure they can be "linked"

I made a new linetype in a pln file that we keep all our standards in. Then we load it into our template as a module. When I did this, the new linetype came up as solid because the "index number" ( i think that's what it's called - I see it in the at...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Fills do not display

I file I have been working with for some time has stopped displaying solid fills. Attached is a screen shot showing elements from the file in question on the bottom, and the same elements pasted into a new file on top. I know this: it's not a MVO, a ...