Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Rotating fill hatch patterns in 2D

Either I am missing something very obvious here or Graphisoft is. I have an object with a fill (POLY2_) in 2D for which I can change the hatch pattern to whatever I want. When I rotate the object the hatch pattern remains the same - i.e still related...

rotate hatch.png

Broken Saved 3D Projection Views in Navigator

I think this is a bug, but I'm not sure... We have a large model of an existing 14-story building that we've been working on for a long time. We do various small renovations for the Owner, and it's nice to keep it all in one place. Since we do a lot ...

Da3dalus by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

quick substitution of objects?

hello all, I have a file modeled with AC10 that I opened in AC11. Needless to say that I needed to load the 10 library in order to see the objects. Is there a nice and quick way to substitute all AC10 objects by their AC11 counterparts? I am currentl...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

File Permissions OSX & AC12

Anyone come across a problem with a Project file messing up it's file permissions when trying to send and receive? We have a Project file that works ok for a week or two but it looses Users in it's file permissions settings. For example the users lis...

Rotating Windows and openings on an angled wall

Hi I want to add a rotated window onto an angled wall (please see attached) how can I go about this? Am i right in believing I will have to custom make each individual window or is there an easier way? Thanks

Wall.jpg
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Why are CURVES in my Custom Profile broken as line segments?

I've created curved outlines in the Profile Manager, but the curves become line segments when the object is placed into the Plan View. (before/after image attached) Changing the Options>Magic Wand settings does nothing. And changing the zoomed scale ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

English to French

Hi there! Aahd, 19 and it's my first year in the National School of Architecture, Rabat Morocco. I've downloaded the ArchiCAD12 EDU but were a little bit disappointed to see it was in English.. Is it possible to change the language to French? If yes ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Site Sun Study

This is a bit hard to explain, but I'm looking for a simple way to model the "surveyed" horizon line (skyline) of a site, in order to run a more accurate sun study (i.e., has the sun set behind the mountain ridge or the building next door). I built a...

Picture-21.png

Missing/Duplicates report results rather confusing

I am not the 100% organized guy, but I think I'm doing OK. Having said that, I recently opened a project in AC12, and it also fired up AC as it was not running at the moment. Upon reading in the necessary Libraries, I got the Library Report window li...

alexliz by Participant
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes