Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 121 replies
  • 13 likes

Line widths in hair line

In AutoCad you can draw a polyline and then change the width of the line to make a wide/bold line, esp. helpful as reference lines. How can you do this in ArchiCAD? I draw in Hairline so I need to have a line nice and bold on it's own without changin...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoscaling

I finally found out how to autoscale my 2D symbol objects. I add MUL2 GLOB_SCALE/96,GLOB_SCALE/96 to the 2D script (I drew original lines @ 1/8" scale so that's why I'm adding /96 to the script.). The problem I'm having is when the scale of the file ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Archicad ?

I have worked in Archicad for the past 1.5 years after being trained in Autocad for a year. I fell in love with Archicad and am about to purchase version 9 from a Graphisoft Dealer. My question is just a general one to open up some pro's and con's. W...

• 52 replies
  • 0 likes

Whats up, fairly new ArchiCAD user here...

Just thought id say hello... I just found the board today... I got out of school for Architecture last year from the University at Buffalo, and i just took a job in Southampton with a firm using ArchiCAD. Fun stuff so far, thus far i havnt gotten in ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Circular fill subtraction

Could not find a way to subtract a circular shape from a fill, or for that matter any shape with a curve to it. For example if you had a round window in brick fill on a wall. (Thought I posted this last night so may be a repeat). Thanks once again.

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Help Menu: Introduction to Object Making

In the ArchiCAD 9 Help there is a section titled Introduction to Object Making. I'd like to print this out to read at home. At the end of the introduction David Nicholson-Cole writes, "We have provided this as a .PDF file, but we have designed it wit...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

solid wall/ stud wall?

can anyone explain what changes, from the viewpoint of a window, if I tell it is in a stud wall vs a solid wall? It makes a difference, but I don't understand it.

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

window issues

I am getting loads of "polygon is degenerated" error messages when I try to view my model in section or elevation...I have been tweaking the parameters to try to get the windows to look like I want, so I must have tweaked Something, but I can't figur...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3D to 2D

Another beginner question. What is the best way to convert a 3D elevation (for example) into a 2D drawing and if possible keep the 3D version. So near the end of a project detail can be added, lines can be trimmed, etc. Thanks.

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Door Centerline Removal

I am trying to remove the centerline that is associated with my door dimensions but it doesnt seem to want to go anywhere. Any suggestions on how I might do this? Should be simple, if it is possible at all... I just cant figure it out. Thanks Mike Ar...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes