Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 121 replies
  • 13 likes

window issues

I am getting loads of "polygon is degenerated" error messages when I try to view my model in section or elevation...I have been tweaking the parameters to try to get the windows to look like I want, so I must have tweaked Something, but I can't figur...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3D to 2D

Another beginner question. What is the best way to convert a 3D elevation (for example) into a 2D drawing and if possible keep the 3D version. So near the end of a project detail can be added, lines can be trimmed, etc. Thanks.

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Door Centerline Removal

I am trying to remove the centerline that is associated with my door dimensions but it doesnt seem to want to go anywhere. Any suggestions on how I might do this? Should be simple, if it is possible at all... I just cant figure it out. Thanks Mike Ar...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

lamps in slabs and walls

Hi everybody, I'm wondering if there's a way to script gdl lamps to cut holes when inserted in slabs and walls.

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

About The Architects' Journal (especially for the Brits)

In the issue of 15.09.05 of the ever-increasingly scrwd up The Architects' Journal, section 'Technical & Practice', a Joe Croser gives advice on BIM products disregarding ArchiCAD with the following words: 'As a 2D drafting tool ArchiCAD is much easi...

Ignacio by Expert
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem: "cannot find pict file" ????

hi everybody... i'm experiencing this strange problem... i'm running AC9 with OSX 10.3.9 every time i open a specific document, i get a series of warnings, that say: cannot find pict file "xyz" called at line "xyz" of the file master_gdl. This also h...

"Please help me find a specific library part"

I am currently doing a project on a type 1 Volkswagen Beetle. I would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest where to find it as an add-on library part for the Archi-CAD programme. All i can seem to find is the New type VW Beetle. Thank you

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't create a "spanish french door" panel

I am trying to create a "spanish" style grid pattern on my exterior french door in Special Edition Lib 9. What I am trying to accomplish is getting 3 horzontal grids in the glass (these I get ) and NO vertical mullions (enter "0" in the field and thi...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Doing a fence/wire facade...is it possible

I am working on a project for my graduate studio that has a metal fencing with strips of metal woven thrown it at certain parts as part of the facade. I want to model it in ArchiCAD but I'm not sure how to. I am somewhat new to ArchiCAD so if anyone ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

teamwork saving .plp file

Is the only way to save the .plp teamwork file by signing out? I am used to saving the .pln file every once in a while because I'm paranoid about losing information. I'd like to do the same thing with the .plp file. It makes sense that you would not ...