Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 127 replies
  • 16 likes

Placind Doors and Windows

Hai all, In Archicad while placing doors and windows I use the distance snapping and relative construction method to place the doors and windows at the required distance in the wall. Is this the easiest and correct method of doing it? I remember that...

2d working drawings

I have been more familier with Autocad but I want to switch to archicad where i am a complete novice, i will like to clarify few things 1-can Archicad do Comprehensive/ Exhaustive 2D working(construction) drawings, as autocad can . 2-Which can render...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Help importing DWG file-the scale is lost

I have problems importing a dwg, file. I f I´m wrong please just tell me, maybe I´m missing a step.This is the procedure first I go to file, open file, enable dwg file, select, and then click on settings.

1-open-file-dwg.png
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Making Oval Handrail ?

Would rather not spend time tweeking the stair maker tool as it hasn't been that productive in the past. any hints on how to model a handrail for an oval stair, as shown attachement? Perhaps a 2D profile applied to a primitive form? Will appreciate a...

• 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Graphical hotspots, macros & arrays

After emailing with Frank Beister, he told me: "This is worse for a thread on the Talk" So, here is the thread. I never succeeded to use macros with graphical hotspots into a main object using arrays. Each time, i have to rewrite the complete list of...

• 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Tip: Redefining Display Option Combinations

It has just occured to me that many people are unaware that you can redefine display option combinations, so I would like to explain how simple it is: In the Display Options dialog, select the Display Option Combination you would like to change from ...

Link by Expert
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

ArchiFM is dead

What are we going to do with now redundant internally defined parameters like FM_something? just thought after reading this: http://go.cadwire.net/?42045,1,211 related to: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=7760 Do we need major over...

Rob by Graphisoft
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad shadows

Hi, i know other people out there must have asked this before but i cant find it in the previous messages. Can anyone tell me how you stop a tree taken from the archicad library from casting a rectanguar shadow when it renders, i.e the outline of the...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Precast Wall Panels

I was wondering if anyone has a little trick for putting vertical and horizontal joint lines on a wall panel. In precast these are often architectural features that people want to see. I usually use a boolean operation for this, but it takes a long t...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Graphisoft to Exit Facilities Management Business

http://go.cadwire.net/?42045,1,211 "In a related move, the company is considering the possibility of spinning off Graphisoft Park, which consists of a high-tech office park along the Danube River in Budapest, Hungary and related real estate holdings....