Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 121 replies
  • 13 likes

Survey follow-up – Door/Window Detail Level

Dear Community, Many of you took part in our recent survey on “Detail Levels of doors and windows on a single drawing”: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Doors-amp-Windows-Detail-Levels-within-a-single-drawing-1-minute/m-p/...

Purging unwanted layers using attribute manager

A Layer cannot be purged if there are any elements on it. Sometimes (by mistake), elements can be placed on a layer that will later require purging. This can occur in any of the possible views (plan, section or detail). To hunt down the offending ele...

Fills show through text

Hello - I have put some fills on my floor plan to indicate different flooring patterns. I am just using "simple drafting fills" On my text I have set to have an opaque background. This shows shows properly in ArchiCAD, however, when I import it into ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ArchiCAD 9 Hotfix-3 is now available

Dear ArchiCAD-Talkers, The third hotfix patch (build 2045) for ArchiCAD 9 is now available. Go to the 'Help' menu of ArchiCAD 9 and click on the command 'Check for updates...' This patch can be applied to all previous versions of ArchiCAD 9. For more...

REQUEST ("ANCESTRY_INFO",...

Can anyone tell me in which circumstances / environment /context objects do contain ancestry informations? This can not mean the subtypes definition in the editing dialog, isn't it? Does this mean the connection between elements and labels/markers? I...

Cannot detach section in AC9???

I've only recently upgraded to AC9... I just realised I cannot detach a section!!!! I must be missing something. I searched for 15 minutes on the ArchiCAD help site! Agggh Can someone enlighten me?

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Material - General

I want to make a wall surface with different material, and top is General, but why there are two different color shown in the same project in 3D? Could anyone tell me how to fix it up EY

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

LIBRARY PART: CLOUD RECTANGULAR

There once was a time when the cloud was stretchy. What happened? I can't even change the parameters! What's up with that? Can you let me in on the secret?

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Monitor color fading

Since upgrading my hardware from a Mac G4 cube to a G5, I have noticed the colors in my floor plan views fading after working with the file for a time. 3-D work appears fine, but 2-D stuff is faded (reds turn a pastel color, etc.), and fill do not di...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

CadImage Wallbuilder-Wall Accessory

This is directed to anyone using Cadimage's WallBuilder. A basic question, but not knowing is a time waste. How do you "save" your customized wall settings/types? I've tried using favorites... no dice. Emailed Cadimage, but haven't heard back. Anyone...