Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Bar Joist Axis Line Disappears

I'm using the AC 9.0 SE library. When I place a Bar Joist into plan, the axis line disappears when I apply an angle to the joist. How can this be fixed without redrawing with the line tool or taking them back to 0 degrees?

XYZ Location object - some GVs dont work

An ArchiCAD reseller asked me for a simple 2D object that you could place in a storey or a plan and it shows its XYZ location. This takes just a few minutes if you relate it to the world origin. But theres more to this than just symb_pos_x etc, He wa...

Roof Plan...la di da

so I model a big building with different roof levels....so why can't I see multiple stories from above...is there a setting I am missing...like I have it set to "Below Current Story" and of course that only gives me one story to look at......so how d...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tip: View Zone Polygons when They're Hidden

Another little zone tip. When zone polygons are set to 'None' in display options, you can still view the polygon by selecting the stamp and starting a drag operation. It's very fast to select the stamp, Cmd+D, click (polygon becomes ghosted), escape ...

Unusual Settings Changes

I'm sure this is an old topic but can't find anything in search. In 8.1, WIN, textures don't remain assigned to materials, flipping back to the original in library objects. I can't see that it is the objects. These are varied, from the 8.1 library (n...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

GDL People

Does anyone know where I can find some really nice and various kinds of 3d people for archicad? Thanks.

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Layer Index Number in Attribute Manager

Attribute manager says that one cannot edit the index numbers associated with layers. Is there some backdoor way to do this? Appending Layer Combinations as well as the Layers those Combinations look at will not work if the Layer Combinations are loo...

Project Setup Tips? Shell / Tenant Plan coordination

I have a shopping center project. What is the slickest way to coordinate the shell plan with the tenant plans, while giving me the flexibility to submit the shell plans seperately from the tenants and the tenants seperate from each other? Should I be...

nth Root?

I've been digging around in the manual for this one, but cannot seem to find it: How do I get the nth root of a number, like the 3rd root of 64? (4) I know there is a SQR function for square roots, but I could not find a function for other powers.

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing dimensions

While working on a job (almost finished), I noticed that the dimensions had changed. I dimension windows and doors to the center line, and all of the windows had changed from center to one edge of the window. It was not a big deal to fix, but does an...