Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Subtype functions/handlers

Hello, Is there somewhere a list of GDL subtypes with a description of the special functions or handlers associated with some of those subtypes ? We all know what functions are associated with the "Opening" subtypes Door(Wall), Window(Wall), Skylight...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

text to favorites

we have a series of general notes that need to appear on our plans & have noticed that can only save labels to favorites. When we try text, it only saves settings, not the actual note. Is there a way around this?

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Reflected Ceiling Plans

Hello, I was wondering what most users are doing to create reflected ceiling plans. Do you create a new story to house the ceiling objects or just use layers and combinations to properly display the ceiling? Also do you place slabs for the ceiling or...

• 7 replies
  • 0 likes

AC9 - Place all loaded objects automatically?

I recall a menu command from previous versions of ArchiCAD that would place all loaded library objects into a floor plan. We're going through a big effort archiving projects, and I thought this would be a good opportunity to identify project specific...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

plot maker is awful

plot maker is the most awful program.... do i have to use it? is there something else... it's so frastrating and slow i've spent half my time setup drawings in plot maker, some times more time then to do the archicad drawing.. the commands do work th...

• 20 replies
  • 0 likes

ArchiCAD version history?

Does anyone have a more or less complete ArchiCAD version history? I looked through Graphisoft but i could not find a release history or anything of the sort. Thank you very much

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Which way is 'L' and 'R' in wido_orientation

Hi all I am doing a door schedule with home made doors, it works great with one small catch. I am getting Left hand doors when they are right handed and vice-versa. Could someone please clarify for me, in case I am trying to fix something which is no...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Door Labels in AC 9

I have been trying to use the doors found in the AC 9 library and with the Builder Dimension option. Can the dimension label be easily moved to be more out of the way? (like you can with dimensions text). And why do some of the labels read upside dow...

• 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Label tool w/ custom label

Hello I was testing the label tool using one of the custom labels, specifically the "Label Wall" label, supplied in the AC library and discovered that it doesn't work as I expected. I assumed it was supposed to display the thickness and fills of a wa...

• 10 replies
  • 0 likes