Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Tangent to two circles

While we're waiting for the Magic-Addon package, including the option to click on two arcs and automatically create the tangent, we can pay some humble homage to the Greeks... Draw the two circles (or arcs) 1a) From the centres of each circle constru...

tang.gif
Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help drawing complex wall segment

I am new to ArchiCAD. I'd like to model a composite wall segment consisting of three layers... basically, 2 concrete walls with an insulation layer between. But there's another twist. The concrete segments are "keyed" so that they lock together. Wall...

wallsegmentview.gif
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Stretchy angle hotspots in 2D

I am a tad confused about how the angled 2D moving hotspots work. After reading the manual about 100 times and randomly putting in numbers i got them to work but I have a few questions. 1. in the manual it states you need four points then they only s...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Showing dashed in section what's beyond the cut

Glad that did the trick, Michele. The tip that I learned this from was on the old list on October 10 - thanks again Djordje and Link - this belongs in the Tips section: http://www.escribe.com/software/archicadtalk/m34966.html http://www.escribe.com/s...

Screening

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions for simulating screening in elevation view? Partially hide what's behind? Thanks, Steve

Can't Create Line Tangent To Two Circles

In 2D, how do I create a line that is tangent to two circles? I can get the second endpoint tangent to the second circle, then reposition the first endpoint tangent to the first circle, but this makes the second point's angle different, therefore it ...

• 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Showing dashed in section what's beyond the cut plan

I have a slab with a hole cut thru it and I want a section view to show me the hole thru the slab as a dashed line. Is this possible? And if not, why not ? It isn't a library part, just a slab with a hole in it. Thanks, Michele

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for metal building parts and pieces

Is there any 3rd party that sell complete metal building, structural components? (Tapered columns, tapered spandrel beams, purlins, etc.) I mean the all parts of an entire building, not just individual pieces. If so where would it be located. I do no...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offsetting spline possible?

This seems like a pretty basic thing, but I can't figure out how to offset a spline. Trying to create a "snaky" walkway. (Offset tool and magic wand don't seem to work with this.) Thanks.

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels