Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Auto-text within notes in ArchiCAD

Okay, Plotmaker assigns a code to each quickview placed in Plotmaker. Then it uses a code to assign different forms of autotext. A code, like , followed by the code for the quickview, which looks something like . If you copy that code to ArchiCAD, wh...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

crashing in section elevation window.

I am working on a really big house, and from time to time for reasons I still can't find, it crashes, or more accurately hangs indefinately. I quit archicad and reopen it and up comes the temporary file prompt, I accept, then the file opens and the w...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Context Menu Shortcut Keys in 8.1

I'm trying to get used to 8.1, and there seem to be some great improvements, but there are a couple of issues I need help with. I'm used to removing a marquee by doing a right click, (Windows) and pressing 'Q'. This doesn't work with 8.1, and I can't...

• 14 replies
  • 0 likes

check a file in?

Sometimes when I try to open a file, I get a message telling me that the file is already in use. I am not networked to any computer. How do I check this file in so I can use it? Thanks, Lori

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Text That Doesn't Scale?

I have some signs that I am detailing that have text on them, but when I set the scale for dimensioning, the text size changes. How can I make that text ignore the scale and just stay the same size?

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

file in a loop

It seems that my file is in some sort of a loop and I can't open it. What can I do to retrieve the information? thanks, Lori

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

empty fill

How the heck do I make an empty fill? I've tried to copy an empty fill and I get color that I have to change to white and I don't want white. I've looked in the tutorial (v 7 has something on it) No luck on empty fills. Please help! THIS is real frus...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Nominal values in door marker - how?

I am trying to get a result similar to what was in ver. 7.0 - I mean when I set "nominal" values I would like them to display in the marker - but when setting it in almost all doors from 8.0 (or 8.1) library I get it wrong. It is probably beacuse the...

AC Version & Library Transition

Please forgive me--I know this has been discussed in the past, but a search of the forum didn't turn up any answers. I started a project in AC 8v3. Now I want to work in 8.1. What is the correct procedure for making the transition and avoiding librar...

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels