Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

creating a road matching site mesh contours

I have created a small mesh approx 3 ac (US), for an existing site for a building renovation. I have contoured it, and have the outline for a road that is on site, but can not figure out a simple way to create the road. I want it to follow the contou...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Edit part of mesh

How do I change texture at only a part of the mesh, Ctrl+F doesnt seem to work on mesh? What if I create a Big picture that will cover the mesh entirely and "paint" all those small details like leavs, dirt etc. in Photoshop. /Johan

eldhead by Newcomer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Enlarged Floor Plan ?

The project I am working on is 126' long which is to long to fit on my layout at 1/4" scale. Thats fine I import my floor plan in 1/8" scale, But if I use the detail tool to create an enlarged floor plan AC will not allow me to place a detail marker ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

i cant enter the numiric dimintion

hi when i am working with the program with numeric input it doesn't work ,and i have to put the courser at the coordenat box anad type the value of x, y ....... does i press any key bay mistake ? or what ..... if any body can help me pleas

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cloud Cursor ?

What does the cloud cursor mean? Some times I will be working in the 3D window and all of the sudden I will lose the abality to select any objects and all I get is the cloud cursor. The only way I can get it back to normal is to close and re-open the...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

What scale?

Hi everybody. I am coming from an AutoCAD background and I get a bit confused with some things in ArchiCAD. On the plan window there is a scale option on the lower left. What is that for? We draw things in life size.... can somebody explain this to m...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Details

As a new user,I have some questions about details. We have plenty of standard details we generated AutoCad. What is the best way to place them into an ArchiCad drawing. Should they go on a separate story, on a detail sheet that is the same scale that...

SEOs and Macros: Broken Again?

It seems that an object containing macros cannot function as an operator in a solid element operation of the Upwards or Downwards extrusion types. Addition, intersection, subtraction all work. Even non-macro shapes won't cut if a macro call is taking...

Solid operation object into wall

Having completed a successful library object, we have tried to use it as the operator to subtract an opening in a vertical wall plane. The objects depth extends on both sides of the wall surfaces. However upon execution of the operation the desire re...

Michael by Newcomer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof Surfacer

This is my first post, I just purchased 8.1. I love this program. I spent about 100 hours on the demo using a laptop/P3/700mhz/128ram/32meg graphics, very slow,in fact the software shouldn't even have worked. The same day as I recieved AC8.1 I got my...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels