Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Porting ArchiCAD to Linux

As head of sales for a Linux based company, Lycoris, I get questions from a large cross section of users. I know that we have several architects that choose to use Desktop/LX because it is simple, clean, effective, and efficient. I've been asked if w...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

looooong wait for AC 8 to power up

Hi, This is more a comment than anything else... Our central server (which all files are on) is under repair today, so everyone copied the files they needed to their own computer. I'm running OS 10.3 & AC 8v3 on a dual 1Ghz G4 and I have to wait abou...

• 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Save / Backup anomalies

I've encoutered some inconsistencies when saving a *.pln file and wonder if anyone else has encountered this problem. When working on a *.pln file, I will save my progress as normal (with Save, not Save As...). On occasion, when I go to Save again, t...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Stopping AC mid calculation?

Hello - This is probably an easy one. How do you stop AC from calculating in the 3D window, section/elevation tool and photorendering window? For example: you start a photorendering and then realize you forgot to adjust the sun angle so you want to s...

TDabney by Participant
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

I started this with the label tool but then .....

I am recreating a symbol template in 8 – it is a section elevation window. Of course one cannot put a wall in it. Who cares about a template probably just idiots like myself doing construction drawings. I have to question this. How it is possible tha...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

POLY2_B background fill

I have two objects that use POLY2_B which allow the user to choose the colour of the background fill. What is weird is that one object works as expected whereas the other doesn't. I can't see any difference between the 2d scripts. The only thing that...

-1 pen

What is the -1 pen used for? It is listed after the Ø pen with a monitor symbol. Stig Bengtsson

Text from a numeric value

I want to print a report of a library part ( actually for a door schedule). I need to insert a dimension value into a text string. Im not sure if this is possible. Any ideas?

Layer combo to Navigator

Jus am just starting with 8 and I am disappointed that the layer combinations do not appear in the navigator. What a pity. This was one of the most important features I have expected, to graphically connect the layer dialogue and the navigator.

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels