Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

CONCEPT GHOST story

You can do at an inferior story -the main building concept ghost story -in 2d figures lines hatches - for easy compare the global initial ideea with the working solution. And i use allways another 0,00 m height ghost story for 2d undesirable but 3d n...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto-text within notes in ArchiCAD?

Here's a question for the GDL gurus out there. Now that we have all these auto-text features in AC and PM, is there a way to have auto-text show in AC notes? For example, my text block says, "Bla bla bla. Refer to Section on Sheet ." Where and are...

List in GDL scripts

When I created a 2D object that show some text, I want my users can select a font that they like. So I add a variable which type is string. Then in 2D script I write the following code: DEFINE STYLE "WolfKing" fontname, fontsize, 5, 0 I think everybo...

• 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Composite walls and simple fills

composites are useful to use as a wall 'key' to ensure that all team-mates get the right pen weights/hatching/width correct from scratch - in some ways quicker to use for walls than favourites because they can be chosen directly from the info box. al...

Free Objects?

I know this forum might be porposed for ppl that can afford buying addons,libraries...etc...but what about ppl that cant afford......well ive gotten many great library part over the net freeones...i was wondering..if anyone know other places to get f...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Library parts Explod

With AC7 and older versions, when you explode a 2d library parts the curves stay curves, but with AC8.0 the curves turn to segments. Is there any solution to use AC8 in exploding the 2d library parts the same way as AC7?

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Porting ArchiCAD to Linux

As head of sales for a Linux based company, Lycoris, I get questions from a large cross section of users. I know that we have several architects that choose to use Desktop/LX because it is simple, clean, effective, and efficient. I've been asked if w...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

looooong wait for AC 8 to power up

Hi, This is more a comment than anything else... Our central server (which all files are on) is under repair today, so everyone copied the files they needed to their own computer. I'm running OS 10.3 & AC 8v3 on a dual 1Ghz G4 and I have to wait abou...

• 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Save / Backup anomalies

I've encoutered some inconsistencies when saving a *.pln file and wonder if anyone else has encountered this problem. When working on a *.pln file, I will save my progress as normal (with Save, not Save As...). On occasion, when I go to Save again, t...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Stopping AC mid calculation?

Hello - This is probably an easy one. How do you stop AC from calculating in the 3D window, section/elevation tool and photorendering window? For example: you start a photorendering and then realize you forgot to adjust the sun angle so you want to s...

TDabney by Participant
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels