Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 121 replies
  • 13 likes

stone fills

I find the standard list of fill s limited and need a fill that represents sonework for my elevations. Is there anywhere I can download a fill?

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

invisible elements

hi all is there a possibility with gdl to define elements who are just visible on the screen? if you print it... they are invisible... something like a hotspot or a camera in archicad... thanx for your tips! xa-4

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Stairmaker

I know that this has probably been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find it. Can you now trim a wall to the bottom of a stair (in my case a curved stair) in 8.1? If not, what is the best way to do this? Thanks, Don Lee

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

More than likely I say this is an easy fix. Ex #1----LogsHigh = int((HLH_RoHt + 0'-3")/HLH_log_sh) Ex #2----parameters HLH_Lo2 = str("%", LogsHigh+1) What I'm doing is taking an int from Ex #1 and converting it to a string and the value I'm receiving...

Red by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Scale Retention In Cloned Folders

Some investigation... As I understand cloned folders, the idea is to have a complete, dynamic view set folder containing, for example, all the Section/Elevations, so as you create new windows you don't have to manually create views. I should be able ...

Library parts wanted

Hi all I was wondering if anyone has some 3d objects that I could have or get from somewhere. I have looked all over the net but nothing has really taken my fancies. Objects I was looking for are : Nice looking Palm Tree 3d Text (where you can stretc...

• 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Key Shortcuts- from 8 to 8.1

I looked and could not find this toppic. When we changed from AC7 to 8 the file u save in the Keyboard Shortcuts was easily copied into the new AC8 folder- I now need to do the same to 8.1 and cant find the file- does this make sense, does anyone und...

• 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Opem two stories at the same time

In my opinion this is a shortcoming. To many times I have to see an area located on a different story and different place. Sooner or later this efficiency dating back to day one will have to be addressed.

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[tip]How to figure out which views are linked to which PLN

Our template LBK file has views linked to different PLNs/PLPs. One is a template PLN and another is a PLN that contains commonly used/rarely changed details. These details generally show up in every job we do. We usually leave the views linked to the...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows and glass position

I want to put in windows that have the glass located 1" from the frame instead of centered in the frame. Is there a window object in Archicad that can do this or do I have to create a new object? Thanks for any help, MIchele

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes