Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 121 replies
  • 13 likes

double swinging, double leaf, asymetric 'metal' door?

hi all does anybody know of a freeware double swinging, doubled leaf door where i can set the sizes of each leaf independently to each other? i.e i can have one smaller door leaf than the other. i'd also like to be able to 'oversize' it in a similar ...

Smart Hotspots

I'm looking for a tutorial/info on how to script 2d smart hotspots. Does anyone know where I could find one?

Red by Enthusiast
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Drag a copy, etc. etc.

Just started using the UK version of 8.1 after getting use to the drag a copy by just toggling the command key (Mac v) in version 8.0. However in version 8.1 it only works by using the alt key. Worse than that though it doesn't seem to work at all us...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Line Caps

Is it possible to change the rounded end of lines to be square, ie. as in CorelDraw?

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

ArchiCAD for construction purposes??

Hi all! I just joined this forum and I work at a large civil engineering company in Sweden (www.ncc.se). I have been working with ArchiCAD for several years by now mostly in R&D projects since we are deeply stuck in the 2D Autocad mud. I wonder if th...

• 13 replies
  • 0 likes

how to plot A1 LANDSCAPE on an A0 roll feed

how to plot A1 landscape on an A0 roll feed and not waste paper. . . see attached PDF 'how-to' that took much longer to figure out than it seems! this was worked out for our practice back in the OS9/archiCAD 6.5 days, and for an HP330 plotter, but th...

Djordje by Mentor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Virtual Building - Material List, by Karl Ottenstein

Glad the quickie property script exploration was useful, Geoff. I agree with David as far as using the Interactive Schedule for things such as the window schedule example that you give ... and for most day-to-day work other than BOM. This thread star...

Djordje by Mentor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Walls Not Wrapping Columns

I'm having trouble understanding when walls will wrap columns and when they will not. I've placed a column "by the book", i.e., composite wall w/ wrapping skins, chose wrapping before placing column, column touches wall core. While I can get many ins...

Length distance of polygon wall shape to use to Calculate

I'm trying to use the calculate menu to find lengths of items. I'm listing out counters and I want to list Length of wall on Reference line side but what side is the ref. line side of a polygon wall (We sometimes need to use polygon walls as counters...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes