Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 121 replies
  • 13 likes

I want to do a VR scene

I wanted to make a Vr Scene but with cameras that don't show 360 views. Is that possible? I want one camera only to show 90 degree view and another camera 180 degree view. I want the viewer to decide where he wants to look within our given view angle...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to manage intersection priorities

Also, here's a tip. There is an add-on in the Goodies folder called "Intersections in Combos". If you run this add-on it will make all hidden layers have an intersection priority of two and all visible layers have 1. The cool thing is that this appli...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Tip] Start AC Faster - Change WIBU Parameters

[This is an edited copy of an October 14 post I made to the old forum.] The sometimes considerable delay while ArchiCAD is starting is actually the WIBU protection key driver searching all ports for the key. You can change things so that only the pro...

How to get full screen 3D

[Tip] You can get a full screen OpenGL of sorts. Under the View menu, there is an option for "Full Screen" that works only with windows other than the 3D window. (There is a button on the Windows tool bar, or the shortcut ctrl-\ toggles full screen o...

Remove the oversaturation of your rendering

A good trick: I have a free version of the DreamyPhoto-plugin and it helps tremendously to turn an overly saturated CG-image into some realistic looking image. Sort of like the tutorial of Dwight Atkinson in his book "Illustration in ArchiCAD", but t...

stefan by Enthusiast
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Module Update Crashing ArchiCAD (Mac OSX)

I am using ArchiCAD 8v3 (aus) on Mac OS 10.2.7. When I place a pln as a module on another file there is no problem. It's when I update the module ArchiCAD crashes right at the last moment.I tracked this problem down to the corner windows in the modul...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

8.1 Web Publishing tip

Publishing a project from a Mac (OS X) AC 8 to the internet is a problem. There is a known bug (The problem is with the code that is responsible for the communication with the FTP server, and the exact problem is that the upload is done in ASCII mode...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

San Diego Firestorm 2003

As far as I know: Fire started when a Hunter lit a signal fire so that his buddies could find him. This was in the back woods area of Ramona, from there the Santa Ana (50 MPH winds + ) pushed the fire all across the back country into various resident...

• 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Intersection Groups

My Intersection Group setting in the layer dialog will not save. When I reopen ArchiCAD all the layers are reset to Intersection group "1". I have installed build 6392 which I read was supposted to fix the problem but still no luck. Any ideas? Thank ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes