Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 127 replies
  • 16 likes

selecting

im finding it hard to select certain things for example when two things are directly on top of each other. Is there an easy way of selecting something which is directly underneath something else without having to turn off the layer?

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

window transparency in hidden line views

In previous versions (6.5 ?) AC standard windows had very useful glazing on/off box, allowing you to see through windows in basic 3d hidden line views when glazing box was checked off. This is not rendering, nor shaded view so 3d transparency and mat...

quick views + hidden line axonometrics

Still on AC 7v3, having a problem with using 3d quick views to set up axonometric views that can then be updated using Publisher to PM. In the past this has worked perfectly, now I'm getting views systematically reverting to black background and bloc...

Sloped Walls of a Cylinder

Subject: Sloped Walls.............any ideas >? Hello. I am trying to use Archicad to produce a model of a lighthouse. The walls are circular and sloped like a cone. Is there a way to modify a cylindrical wall to be "cone" shaped ? I am new to GDL so ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get rid of holes?

Friends, I'm on a deadline, and now for the life of me I can't remember how to get rid of the holes? You know, when using the beam tool, when beams touch walls and slabs they penentrate them with holes. But when a beam is deleted, the hole doesn't go...

Steel Beams

Can anyone tell be have to set the end cutting planes for an inclined beam in R8.

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cutting planes

Can someone tell me how to define the cutting planes for an inclined beam in R8, there used to be a section in R7 for setting these parameters

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Editing fills

I have a project that is shared as a teamwork project. Now I want to delete some redundant fills. I can't delete any filltypes in the attribute manager regardless if I log in as admin, teamleader or teammember. What should I do?

• 7 replies
  • 0 likes