Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Mergiing a previously created building into a new plan

I have just created a new building with it own floor structure (level heights). I would like to import/merge a previously designed building. I read all about the MERGE command but I see an issue because the heights of the floors on the imported build...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tips on site plans

I opened an existing file (done by others) and I am wondering whether there is a better way (just transferring from VW). The proposed site plan had two viewports on top of each other ( ex. Sie plan and the proposed plan). In VW you have one viewport ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Trimming wall

Hey, I've got this issue. It may seem trivial but I can't find a way around it. So I've got this organical morph and I want to cut / trim my walls to it but in a way it does not leave a mark. So there no "ghost - wall". Is there any other way than cr...

Curtain wall

I have created a curtain wall with a door embedded, now I want to make wider the module where the door is. As the predefined doors in the curtain wall doesn't match my requirements I have drawn a a wall and put on it my custom door. My questions are ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Overlaping object

I d have a tricky question. If you draw two identical objects, slabs, beam,..., does archicad understand that it is only one and discard the second object? If that so, when you are adding two elementos that shares an edge, why do you have to erase th...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! AC21 Live connection install error

When trying to install the Grasshopper-Archicad live connection for AC21, I get a message telling me it's already installed...but it isn't (see image). I have it installed for AC20, but nothing for AC21. Does anyone know what the story is here?

2018-01-19_12-03-48.jpg
Bruce by Booster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

LCF Observer 21

I don't see an LCF observer for AC21, so presume that something else has taken its place. Does anyone know what this is?

Bruce by Booster
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

3D to 2D details

I am using AC 15... and I need to make the 3D saved elevations into 2D so that I can adjust the finer pints etc... I have done: Dimensions / /Dimension tools / elevation labeled the dialogue box for a name...and when I try to open this I get another ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Picture in 3D view

For some of my initial design work I don't do any real survey but rather I use Google Earth and capture a high resolution picture of the area. Next I import that picture into AC and scale it so that everything in the picture is shown actual size. Thi...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Wall Niche

I want to make an in wall shelf, like the picture. I've read some threads about this that it's called a Wall Niche. This thread was like 10 years ago. I want the surface of the wall to follow the shelf, so it's like a horizontal wall;) Is this still ...

4cbdfed8cfd503c938fe4ef14a71cadd--alcove-shelving-recessed-shelves.jpg
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels