Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Avoid visualisation of lights in 2D

Hi, I wonder if there is a way I can disable the visualisation of lights in 2d. I can disable the symbol, but not the rectangle or the arrow that points the direction. Regards

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Offset railing post from base line?

Hi, I'm getting closer to some decent railings for our internal favourites list. I was working on a balcony railing yesterday and I want the first (and last) post to have a gap to the wall but the center of the post is placed at the beginning/end of ...

Invisible elements bug

I have a very weird problem. There are some elements in the project (walls, columns and doors) that interact with zones and other elements but are absolutely not visible in 2d and 3d. I can list them in schedule but they are refered as "locked" and c...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Walls are segmented

Hello, I import from AC a joined polyline with 13 segments (some of which are curved), but they are 'unified' and imported into GH as one single 2d curve and then I convert it into a native GH 'closed planar curve'. Once this is done I use this curve...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Windows and Wall insertion points and centerlines

Hello, I have a simple basic wall segment and I create a pattern of windows in it in the GH-archicad connection. The inputs of -1,0,1 all act the same with regard to the window position and create the windows with the anchor point as Center. The -1 o...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Converting text string to a surface attribute

Hi, I placed a surface attribute node, and then read it's contents into a panel. I'd like to put that panel into an object's surface attributes. Is it possible to script or deconstruct the surface attributes somehow in order to 'generate your own' mo...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

GH walls created as Trapezoid walls in AC!?

Hello, It seems that any wall created within GH, appears in ArchiCAD as a TRAPEZOID wall. This means that the AC options for that wall, once unlocked, are 'trapezoid', and not straight, and this makes it impossible to 'offset edge' or some other wall...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes