Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Walls on a complex Curve

Hi there, I am working in Archicad 17 and trying to create curved walls and curved curtain walls. The curves I am using are complex and derived from a form in Rhino. Whenever I try to use the complex curve and create a wall or curtain wall it breaks ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Property Manager (blank fields?)

Hi all in the archicad demonstration video: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/videos/archicad/archicad-21-new-features/archicad_21_autotext_label_enhancements/ it demonstrates uses the property manager to add a fire rating to a wall in the example/tu...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Command Line or Revit Style Shortcuts

Hi everyone! I've been working exclusively in ArchiCAD 20/21 for about a year now after moving from Revit & AutoCAD. While I've been able to adapt to most of the differences, one thing that I really, really miss is the Revit keyboard shortcuts. Speci...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

door frame and casing

When the frame thickness is greater than the wall thickness I think that the casing should follow the frame thickness. Otherwise we get weird results.

alemanda by Participant
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'One stroke force' bug?

I've had this problem on my computer and also on a fellow employees computer. The other person in our office apparently isn't having this problem. I'll try and describe the problem the best I can. When I want to type in a number, I am only allowed on...

toman311 by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Modify Shortcut profile

Hi guys, How do I add new customised shortcuts to my own profile which already includes a lot of shortcuts. When I assign the new shortcut I seem to loose the others on my own shortcut profile. Is there a way to add them as you go along? I don't get ...

Paopao by Newcomer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Trimming angled roof edges at ridge

I'm trying to trim or merge two angled roof edges (135 degrees) at the ridgeline but can't seem to do this with any connection options/ trim options. Any advice?

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

45 Degree Corners at Garage Door Opening Upper corners

Hi- I am adding Garage Doors on a plan. The client wants 45 degree upper corners in the garage door openings. I am having difficulty remembering where this option can be selected. Can someone please tell me where to look to select this option? Respec...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Window sash issue

I've created a Springlike window, single hung,with equal size divided lite but I would like the lower, operating sash to be 3high and the upper to be 5h. The default is the opposite and there doesn't seem to be a way to switch them. Thank you for any...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes