Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

trace is offsetting floors

trace is offsetting my floors and it is driving me nuts. I reset the 0,0,0 and have been trying to set all floors with this beginning, but trace doesn't like it.. and keeps misaligning my floor/walls/roof..... is there a setting that offsets trace so...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Layer priorities

I find that if I change the priority of a layer, as per attached file where "partitions" have been changed from "1" to "6" and then close the Layers window, when I next reopen the window I find that the "6" (or whatever number I entered) has reverted...

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 7.23.52 PM.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof Label

If anyone can find the time, have a look at this label - it works in the plan window and differently in the elevation window -- however I cannot get it to sense the direction of the roof plane -- I have put in a flip command but think it would be muc...

RandyC by Booster
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

How to retrieve an auto save.. help

I accidently closed a file without saving (thinking it was just the rendering window). Now I have lost an hours worth of detailed work unless I can extract the auto save that much be there somewhere. Any help is appreciated.

Wall End Tool not working

I've been having this issue a lot in this model and can't figure out what the issue is. I have this freestanding wall (wall is complex profile with central reference line) and on each end I put a wall end but it keeps kicking the wall end off to the ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cut plane behaviour

Sometimes AC doesn't behave as expected. I'm using AC18 for this project and have the cut plane at it's default 1150 mm above my current floor. I create a 2072 high opening in a wall. This is well above the cutting plane, isn't it? So why does my sta...

KeesW by Enthusiast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing room dimensions?

Hi. Im new to building design and Archicad and I am struggling to find a simple way to change room dimensions. Most programs I have used you simply click on a wall then click on the dimension area and type what the dimension you need and the walls al...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Joining Walls

I got two different types of walls which meet each other. The problem is that there is a bold black line dividing the two walls. I want this line to go away where the walls meet. I could change the composite wall edge lines because the materials line...

Window Wall Contour Lines

I am trying to set up my 3D windows to look a certain way in plan view. I almost have what I am looking for, but the Window Wall Contour Lines are in the way. The image I attached shows the problem and where the settings are to adjust the lines which...

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 11.31.41 AM.png

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels