Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 121 replies
  • 13 likes

Drew metes and bounds rotated them, then they disappeared.

I drew the metes and bounds (surveyors property lines) using surveyor units. Then I rotated them to align with the building. They appeared there for a few seconds, then they disappeared from the screen. First the lines, then a N/S symbol I made out o...

Gus by Newcomer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Editing Truss Thru Truss Maker

I am not sure what is supposed to happen when you create a truss with Trussmaker and want to edit it. When you select the truss and use the "edit truss" command and it gives you the 2D lines you used to create the truss, what needs to happen once you...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Renovation / house raising

This is a typically Australian scenario: I am doing a renovation that involves lifting the existing house and building in underneath. I think I have to use 2 files because of the changed floor levels. Has anyone worked out a good way of documenting s...

mesh

oh why oh why is the mesh tool such a night mare to use !!!??? why oh why when so much else is such joy the mesh tool is such a complete mind messer ?????? please do explain ????? how can solid elementing a road be such a complete and utter time stea...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Modifying text file in an embedded library

I'm trying to have a read/write text file in an embedded library *.lcf file in order to look-up/update some "global" values for the library (not individual *.pln files) According to the ArchiCAD GDL help page: "If the LIBRARY keyword is present, the ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

missing macro for double hung window

I'm using ArchiCAD 18 and inserting the ArchiCAD double hung window. When I try and generate a 3D view I get an error message that I believe means that I am missing a macro. The message is: "File not found at line 3118 in 3D script of the file Caseme...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes