Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Creating an excavation plan

I need to try my first attempt at an excavation plan in ArchiCAD. I have an existing topo survey with contour lines and a completed civil plan with finish elevations. I need to create an excavation plan to figure out how much dirt we need to excavate...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Inclined Beams with rectengular endings?!

hi all, any chance to get inclined beams with rectengular endings. I am struggeling hard to build a steel structure with the included steel profiles as objects. thanks for hint!

• 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Door & Windows not appearing in plan view

Hello all, None of my windows or doors are showing in plan. MVO options are set to "show on plans", I've also gone to door/window settings>opening lines to override MVO options but still no luck. Anybody know what I might be missing?

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 16.45.03.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Defining materials in a macro?

Hi everyone, is it possible to gather general material definitions to a macro object and call them to object files by using PUT and GET commands? I've tried this method but have gotten many different error messages such as "incompatible table paramet...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Thermal bridge problem - missing materials

The thermal bridge calculation is failing to complete on some details and the error message tells me that it's because a 'Material does not exist' All the fills in the drawing have a material assigned, with all the properties in place. Some of the de...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Complex rounded stairs

I have a problem with creating stairs with shape as in the image I attached. It's kind of curvy, elliptical shape and it's very hard to make it I've tried to make them using Create stairs using selection but I keep getting this "line of travel endpoi...

20160330_22494501.jpg

Swimming pool on Archicad

Hi, im quite new to archicad. currently working on a design and i need to add 2 swimming pools, of 25 by 13m and 7 by 13m , but whenever i try getting the components off archicad, i am unable to adjust the dimensions . I also tried the 'resize' comma...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Archicad Trees

Hi All, I need some advice on the best way to place trees in Archicad. I have usually been using the 3D "Tree Model Detailed 18" as I like the tree to look realistic when I'm exploring the model in 3D. I really hate how the billboard trees only face ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

error with custom dot-pattern/halftone fill

Hi, I'm working on a set of presentation drawings and would like to use a simple dot-pattern or halftone fill on the elevations. I'm not a fan of the percentage fills because they're too solid and don't fit the graphic style in this particular projec...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Guide lines

I've never cared for the guide lines tool but I thought I'd try it in 19 it won't do anything for me no guide lines anywhere. I've clicked on the guide lines icon it darkens but no results. I went to the youtube videos but its leaving me clue less. I...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes