Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

BIM Server Libraries

I just started using ArchiCAD in October 2015. Trying to cleanup company files. Some are solo project and a few are teamwork projects. However....we were running ArchiCAD 17 & 16, recently updated to ArchiCAD 19. On the teamwork files.....the BIM Ser...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Road texture mapping

I have to map a curved road with a road texture, the mapping works perfectly with straight roads , ut i can't bend the map to follow the curve of the road , archicad any help Guys !! thanks i'll use the texture shown below

Sans titre.jpg

Pen color problem!

Hey, I'm working on a new Archicad template for the office, and came across a problem with the doors and coloring in the pen set. After editing a custom pen set and color i can not for the life of me find the setting for the line color of doorsteps i...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

reading text file in GDL

I am having a problem with reading a text file I am trying to use the TEXT extension and the DIALOG option but ArchiCAD refused to 'see' the text file and says its looking for a "GDL TEXT DATA FILE" and won't see the txt file. Mac El Capitan and AC 1...

GRID tool - bottom extension

Hi! I need help about the grid tool In particular although I untick the bottom extension in section/elevation view it appears. I expect that the bottom part of the grid should not appear. Actually the bottom circle and the name/number of the axis doe...

alemanda by Participant
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trimming Roof Tiles as elements

Hello, I am trying to lay this Spanish tile over the top of my roof. I was wondering how I can quickly trim the tiles so I can place them on oddly shaped objects. Below is an imagine of the tile. I tried to use SEO's but without any luck. I am new to...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Overhead Garage Door

Overhead Garage Door makes wall opening surface same as wall inside face surface, not outside. Could it be corrected? Tilt Garage Door is ok.

Dalius by Booster
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I am having difficulty creating unique 2D hotspots

I am trying to create a way to insert text within the standard library cabinets without editing the object itself. I am using the label script. I am doinging this so when I Have the windows tag control the visibility through the set model view settin...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Creating vectorial fills from referenced surface.

A couple months ago we had someone from Graphisoft come in and train us on ArchiCAD. I swear he showed us a method that I can't seem to find online anywhere. He had a surface jpeg and he was able to take the jpeg and create a custom vectorial fill fr...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes