Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Core Only in Composite Wall

Hello: I have a composite CMU wall with metal furring and GWB on both sides. I tagged the wall as load-bearing and set the reference line Core Outside. When I set the Partial Structure Display to Core Only for structural purposes, the furring and GWB...

Wall.jpg
Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Curtain Wall Bug?

I thought I would use the curtain wall object to create a patent glazing roof, which was going well in 3D and the elevations but when I switch to the floor plan view rather than the expected full view (as set in MVO) I get schematic lines below the s...

Slab outline not showing in sections, but fill still there

Here's another issue I came across while working on a tutorial - I copied elements from the 1st Floor to the 2nd Floor using the "Edit Elements By Stories" command. When going back to my sections the fill for the 2nd Floor slab is there, but the outl...

arg617 by Participant
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Window tags - do they update automatically?

I'm working on another tutorial and came across an issue I thought would be taken care of automatically by using a BIM application. I took a window, copied it to another location, and changed the size of the copied window. I thought this would automa...

arg617 by Participant
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom Door - Schedule Views

I have created a custom door which I have used for a while. My problem is that when I come to do drawn schedules, I cannot see any views. For example 'View from opening side' Is there a bit of code I need to add for this to appear? Thanks Tom

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Midpoint Not Showing

Hi, I'm trying to measure between the midpoint of two beams in plan view. When I hover my cursor over the end of the beam I can see the corner points, but not the midpoint. I've tried adjusting the Special Snap Points, The Reference Axis of Beam Sett...

amaiz by Newcomer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

UI Button Double Action?

Ok GDL geniuses, any ideas on this one? I have set up some buttons in the UI which are to add / subtract 1 from a parameter. Sounds simple. The code itself is very simple (see below or attached object). However it seems to run it twice, each time you...

LGreen by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for the most perfect molding object....

I've experimented with various molding creation schemes I can find - custom profiles, the molding objects, smartparts easy trim, objective, etc. and have yet to find one that fits all my needs, maybe someone here has some other ideas. The ideal part ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

pinkish force field block in 3D

need help. I am on v17 and all of a sudden in my 3D window I have a pinkish colour semi transparent block in the form of my roof spanning to below grade and cannot get rid of it, I even tried deleting and redrawing the roof.....how do I get rid of it...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels