Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Split Roofs into Planes: OK am I mssing something here ?

So I'm trying to split a gable roof structure into planes so I can permanently trim a wall (wall is a sloped parapet higher than the roof). Problem is the command doesn't seem to work. When I do it in plan view it does give me a warning - but still d...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

AC 17 Telephone Symbol

I am having an issue trying to use the "Phone Signal 17 US" symbol. The 2d triangle symbol is 90º to the 3d outlet symbol. Is there a way to change orientation?

Pulling Project Info into GDLs

Hello, My name is Jason Roesler and I am the Technical Drafting Manager for a local home builder in Calgary, AB, Canada. We have been using ArchiCAD since 2008 but honestly haven't been using it to its full potential. I am currently in the middle of ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2D/3D floor drain - in PLAN and SECTION (object)

looking for an object that has a few different types of 2d and 3d and section views for a floor drain. I'm sure it's been requested a million-nine hundred thousand times before....so the guru's who know where it is....could you please assist? thank y...

rob2218 by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Retrieving data with GDL Data Add-On

I'm writing a script to allow an object to read data from the zone where it lies and to relate it with a data file. The name of the data file must be extracted from the zone name. But I have a message when I save the object, saying that 2D script con...

AC7 objects in AC17

I've had to access an AC7 project and installed the AC10 INT file to open it in AC10. Then, I opened this AC10 version in AC17. Unfortunately, the imported objects have problematic fills; I get lots of materials with 'empty fill' many, many duplicate...

KeesW by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Chinese Characters

Can anyone advise on how can I read drawings with Chinese characters and also inputting Chinese Characters eventually. I have a set of drawings seemingly with Chinese annotation but am not able to view any character. Thank you

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

W fixed 17 - can't get it to work!

Just can't get this window to read correctly. Extruded aluminum fixed glass window frames in the US, at least the ones I use, are shaped so that the stop is integral with the frame. There is no separate frame that goes into another window frame (see ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels