Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Newbie > Picture in Interface > how to use png file?

I try to decipher how to use a basic PNG image in my user Interface, but can't seem to get it working. I read about saving a picture inside ArchiCAD as a GSM object, to embed it into the library object. I also read about using an index to refer to th...

stefan by Booster
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with Composite structures

Hello, I am new to ArchiCAD and could use some help. If I have a Composite structure consisting of, let's say 100 mm insulation + 200 mm concrete + 100 mm insulation, is there a way I can create a 3D-view for export that shows only the insulation ski...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple dwelling documentation in ArchiCAD 17

Our practice is moving into multiple dwellings we have been doing a number of two storey multiple dwellings which we have been content doing as a typical solo project. However we are now looking at a couple of larger multiple dwelling projects (4 sto...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Best way to create 19 houses

I have a project starting soon, 19 houses (single level) on one site....what would be the best way to create them? I am assuming that there will be 5-6 design types, which will be mirrored an slightly modified to create the rest. What is the best way...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Working back and forth between Floor Plan and 3D window

There are times when I am working on a specific floor plan in the floor plan view and then would like to see the results in 3D but if the floor is in the middle of the building the only way to see the results in 3D is to "HIDE" the floors above. It w...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to trim/split multiple walls/lines?

There is one thing that I find an annoyance when using Archicad. During the creation of my building there were times when it became necessary to "trim" or "split" walls. The operations is simple to use but has a flaw in its operation. In my case I ha...

• 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Selecting Elements on multiple stories

I am currently a student and I am working with Archicad (Edu. license). I have also tried other architectural software as well as standard 3D MCAD products as well. Of the architectural software I have found AC to be the easiest to use and I even get...

• 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Poly2_B and Solid Fills

Weird one well tis to me. It seems that you can't use a Solid fill with Poly2_B as it doesn't show the fill but just the contour. Does this happen with the other Poly2_ commands? Below is an illustration showing what I get using Solid, Vectorial and ...

Help! Creating a wall with a stepped bottom along its length

Hello all, I'm a newbie to this site and also ArchiCAD 16, been using it for just over a week now! I've migrated from autocad so do have some CAD experience. I need to draw a wall which has multiple steps along the bottom of its length. I have read p...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Poly2_ how to make a hole?

I'm trying to create a fill that has a hole but I'm getting a somewhat garbled result. I've had a look at the manual and the Cookbook but I can't see any advice on what sequence you should describe the polygon shape and in particular the hole. Can so...

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels