Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Forum Posts

Component Level Design Workflows - Conversation & feedback

Hi All, Now in Archicad, most design and data are handled at the element level - assigning properties, using Graphic Overrides or setting renovation status are a few examples.To express design intent and extract data at a more detailed level, the com...

James B by Graphisoft
  • 126 replies
  • 16 likes

Update Object in Elevation

Hi, I've made an object that displays 2D people silhouettes in 3D and elevation. It works really well, other than the fact that it won't turn to face the elevation. I've put in code to turn the object to face the camera, so they rotate fine in 3D. Un...

Custom fills with hotspots

Hello hello Regarding simple 2D custom fills.. manual says: is possible to create them using lines, arcs and hotspots. I assumed that hotspots will give you the possibility to snap in the points of the fill where have been located while creating the ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Composite wall problems

I am having discovering real limitations with using composite walls for documentation. We are using timber framed walls with weatherboards. To calculate energy rating correctly, insulation should be included in the composite timber framed wall. Howev...

KeesW by Advocate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can i create a brick lattice in archicad?

Ok firstly i want to say i found a similar question around these forums but it was posted 8 years ago and i'm hoping there might be a better explanation that a newbie can understand. Here's the link to it: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopi...

brick lattice 1.jpg
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

zone settings

Hello. I have the following issue with zones: they are somehow set to calculate area and perimeter including doors. How can I give this up? I hope the pictures clear up the question. Thank you.

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Transform a form into a mesh

Hello everybody, Thank you for reading me. I'm a student in architecture from Switzerland. I need your help because I did the 3D of my roof using "Form", and I want to make a Rhino file (for a 3D-print). I need to have mesh instead of forms. Could yo...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't Add Windows Or Doors

Archicad will not let me add windows. Like i will click on a wall where i want the window to be and it doesn't show up. I am working with the latest version of archicad... This problem is only on one house i am working on. On my other projects it is ...

• 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing labels

How can I share a label using archicad 16? When I open the object, the share option is grayed out. IT does not happen to other type of object.. just labels.

• 8 replies
  • 0 likes

EcoDesigner STAR and VIP-Energy

Hello I’m working with master thesis where I test different programs for calculation of energy performance of building and compare results. I’m trying to compare EcoDesigner STAR and VIP-Energy, but i get very different results of energy simulation f...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes