Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

call objects shortcut

Anonymous
Not applicable
when i to use "call " command for an object ( macro) with too many parameters i usually put this object in plan i save it again temporary to the desktop and i open the new archicad written object to get job done with copy and paste , modify only
the "..." values with the parametric one
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Skip the "call" and just copy and paste the scripts into a single object script it will save a lot of hassles in the future. I find that for the amount of editing and trouble shooting one must do it's simply not worth using macros.
If you want a single object that is portable, i agree that macros are a pain.
But if you are building a library for a commercial use, eg windows or industrialised components, where certain things are used on different primary objects, and you want to locate exactly where editing of changes can take place, then macros are very important.

Jeffrey wrote:
Skip the "call" and just copy and paste the scripts into a single object script it will save a lot of hassles in the future. I find that for the amount of editing and trouble shooting one must do it's simply not worth using macros.